Chapter 6 | Two Days

Jaylin.

I hear the sounds of wind. Feeling the wind blow in my hair. I can't open my eyes, I can't feel my hands or arms.

Where am I?

Am I...still at that place?

I feel the scratches in my throat, I move as hard as I can and feel my face on some hard floor, but it isn't a concrete floor like before.

I open my eyes, the visions started to come in clear as I adjust my eyes to the lighting. And I see a road, houses, and my driveway? My porch?

I'm back at home?

I get up, using my arm to help my upper body, I squint my eyes as I get used to the brightness. Shouldn't it be dark?

I check to see if I could use my legs but as expected I couldn't move them as much. They must've drugged me.

I push myself back, resting my back on the wall of the house. I lay my head back as I'm trying to process.

What exactly am I trying to process? I don't know.

I look at my arm and I remember my cut, I lift my sleeve and I see a bandage. Why would he cut me purposely then bandage me?

"The fuck..." I mutter. I feel my toes move. I'm getting my legs back, phew.

There's a long breeze that passes by as the neighborhood is silent. Silent with a change.

So Dad borrowed money...

From a god damn scary man.

Okay, but why would you go to a scary guy that wears a clean fucking suit then kills people with it? Like! Hello father?

I think the adults had gotten dumb than teenagers.

☁️Flashback☁️

'I could kill you right now or...you get me the money like I had told but tell no one about this, even your own father who caused this mess'

'Be a good girl and chose the best choice.'

☁️End of Flashback☁️

Asshole. His words keep repeating in my mind. I can't tell dad. Fuck humanity.

I get up and an envelope immdieatly catches my eye, in the crack of the front door. I grab the envelope and I open it to see a note from him.

"Be a good girl and fetch me back my money. I'll be sure to visit here and now and then, Shortcake - Kidnapper"

I crush the note in my hand already hearing his annoying voice, his face, his body, and his voice.

I see my reflection on my door, I looked fucked up.

I move my eyes down and see the clothes on me and recognizing that these aren't mine and that they are freshly clean. Clean light blue shirt and a pair of clean grey pants. I see the bandage on my arm again, I think back to the cut he did to my arm.

The pain. It was strange.

"Jaylin?"

I become motionless as I hear my name. The last time someone called my name from behind were those two fucking assholes.

I catch a screwdriver laying on the window frame. Dad must've forgotten to put it back after fixing the doorknob. I plan out my plan.

Grab the screwdriver. Make sure to have the tip face up.