Chapter 3

TW: Violence, Corruption of Character, Death, Just Sad

Y/N: Your name
---------------------------
Both of the men charge at me. I'm not quick enough or expirenced in battle enough to actually fight, I am bluffing with my sword hand. I freeze and I can't move.

One of the men punches my face. Hard. I feel blood burst out of my nose and down my throat, but my eyes are stuck to my weapon. The brunette is heavy on my arm, the sword is penatrated through his stomach. He is dead. I feel it again. I choke on air at the realization of what I've done.

A sharp sting in my back, right where my scar is. "Ah!!" I pull my arm out of the dead man and twist around to decapitate the blonde.

I fall on the ground and reach for my bag. The pain is unforgiving at every move I make. I grab the strap of my bag, barely. I pull it to me, like a teddy bear. I don't even know if I want to keep living after this, so I'll let it happen. My tears bite at the cut across my nose.

I let out another scream, but this one is entirely out of pure hate. I hear it echo across every building. I can feel it, now. I feel the realization that I'm a murderer, that I will never be accepted by any society, I'm an outcast and I'll die as one. I can also feel my body getting heavier and heavier as the life drains out of me through the hole in my back. It would be peaceful if these weren't the conditions I die in.

The edges of my vision is black. Everytime I blink, the action feels delayed. Time is slowing down. I feel the shaking in my lungs every breathe I take.

The tapping of shoes bring my attention back to reality, but when I turn my head to look, I only move a bit. I'm still crying, I realize, but my sobs are quiet and fading. I hear a muffled voice, I don't recognize it, but then again, everything is blurry.

A cold hand gently taps at me, but I don't think I can respond even if I wanted to. I wonder why I'm not dead yet, but doesn't last long. My lungs get heavy and my vision closes in.

~??? POV~

He is barely ever in Piltover, especially since they disowned the underground. He hates them for that. He is going to top-side because he hired some thugs to get him ingredients to help for a very important project. Otherwise, he wouldn't be above ground.

Everything on topside disgusts him, the people, the gold, the way they can afford to be toxic without literal radiation. It's all so filthy.

Luckily, the network of tunnels in the underground stretches all over Piltover and he doesn't have to stay on top-side for too long. The closer he gets to topside, the more he gets angry.

"AHHHHHHHH!!!" A scream makes him alert. He scowls at the noise. He can recognize a scream like that from anywhere. It's the scream of an person that has been betrayed and they are finally aware of it.

His pace picks up and he unlocks the "cellar" door faster. What he sees next was not what he expected...

His colleges, both of them were dead. One has a hole that goes through his stomach and into his back. The second one's head is a few feet away from his body. He scoffed at the men, "Amateurs." In the middle of both of them was a weak, nerd looking type. They were some kind of elf, judging by their ears. They had an impressive sword on their arm and they clung to an old bag.

His throat caught on air. The puddle of blood around them was growing by the second and he realized that there is a wound on their back. Is this the one who screamed? They don't look like the type of be so betrayed.

Their head moves a bit and quiet sobs fill the air, along with shallow breathing. He can see that their eyes are still open and blinking. Despite how obviously alive they were, he bent down and tapped the individual. No response.

He had a thought that he debated. He knew they were hurt and... it didn't matter. He carefully lifted them, but man, was it difficult. It didn't help that they were unconscious and were basically dead weight.

He couldn't lift them completely, as he wasn't very strong, so instead, he threw their bag over his shoulder and half picked them up, half dragged them.

Welcome to the underworld...

~Viktor's POV~

"Y/N! Y/N!" Viktor tumbles across the streets. He almost looks like a mad man if it wasn't for the situation.

He is as fast as he could be, but his disability slows him significantly. But he still takes chase. He loves Y/N, they are smart and beautiful. Viktor sees his future with them. He can't lose them, even if they killed a man. They're also a good partner in the lab. They could help the world tremendously.

"Y/N-!"

A scream ripped through the area and Viktor's heart drops. He ran so fast, he didn't believe he could be this fast before now. "Y/N!!!" Tears filled his eyes. He wouldn't make it in time.

He stumbles his was to the alley he heard Y/N in. It is empty except for two big men, both dead and a knife in one of their hands. Then... he sees Y/N's blood, but they are nowhere to be found. All there is is a trail of blood that dissapears. They're... gone.

Viktor drops to his knees and he suddenly can't breathe. "No. Not Y/N, please."

A stampede of foot steps come into the alley and they stop abruptly at the sight. Each and every one of the counsel feels a pit of guilt form.

"Oh.. Viktor... I'm so sorry," Heimerdinger says. He pads over to Viktor and places a comforting hand on him.

Viktor is to distraught to care. He wants to blame the counsel and leave, but then sadness consumes the anger quickly. He sniffles and sits up, the happiness slowly draining away.

Mel has a sad look, too. But she doesn't hold as much anguish as Viktor.