Chapter 5

Tw: Mentions of Sex Workers, Drunks, Extreme Violence, Insane Reader, Gore (like really nasty gore), Gangs

No Vocab.
------
Silco told me his mission. He told me about how I could get back at topside, the rich assholes who let me stay abandoned, too.

And... I'm living there now. I have no choice, but I do want to stay. Silco wants me to stay, aswell. My intelligence is useful to him, and he admires my work. He likes Neomend especially.

After I healed myself, I was still in torn up clothes. I smelt horrible. It was a mixture of street filth and blood.

Silco threw coins, and a cloak on the bed next to my feet. "Get some new clothes, then you can bathe. There are some in town, hurry."

I walked through the streets and observed the people, the stores, the buildings. There were many brothels, bars, and clubs that scattered the street. It makes sense. People get desperate to make money, especially in conditions like these. I can empathize with that.

I am trying to spot a clothing shop, but nothing pops up. I don't want to steal from poor people. I only steal from middle to upper classes or dirtbags. That's my main rule.

I walk further down the under city. There are only alleyways and more "stores". They are more like broken down booths. I stop at one of them. It sells fish. The store keeper turns to me and puts a curious look on his face.

"Hey, can you give me some type of direction?" I ask. I hold my posture high, but it doesn't hold any confidence to it.

The owner scoffs at me, "Who are you? Some type of under cover enforcer? You're definitely from topside."

I roll my eyes. What the hell is an enforcer? I pull my hood down and show him my ears. I'm an elf and elves can be super rich snobs, but if they are anywhere other than Nymalon, they are not rich or a snob. The store keeper's eyes light up in realization and I speak, "Look, I'm not one of those rich assholes that probably bothers you, I just need to find a place to buy clothing."

The owner nods to his left, "Keep going left, there is a gang that keeps messing with MY customers. Steal what they have, you can trick them. They are all low lives and idiots." I thank him and walk towards that direction, but he stops me. "Wait! Wear your hood, there is a rumor about a scientist on topside that created a cure to everything. They died a few days ago, but you fit that description. Better be safe than sorry."

I freeze, my blood runs cold. How long was I asleep for? And are those assholes really using my formula?! But... what about Viktor? Does he really think I'm dead? Wait... did he steal my formula?! I could scream, but I grit my teeth instead. Oh... I'm going to kill them. But first, I need new clothes.

I walk left all the over to a big den looking place. It's essentially an alley way with a giant cloth covering the top. Inside sits three men and two women. There aren't any children, so that's good at least. There is a decent pile of clothing and various products from the shop I visited. Yup, this is the place.

I smile to myself and think about my options. I could be quick and use my Insta-freeze, but that wouldn't save the clothing that I want. I can just go in and use my go to for combat, the mercy-chem, however... there are too many people.

"Hey!" One of the woman notice me, she has yellow hair, but it has black in it. When I look up I can see her black teeth that grow into a mischievous smile. "Whatcha doing around her, sweet pea? You look lost."

I can use this to my advantage.

I put on my puppy eyes and force tears to the corner of my eyes. "Please, stay back."

I fold into myself. I pull my arms together under the cloak I'm wearing. I actually go for my bag, I have a plan now.

Of course, the five come closer anyways, but they don't leave their den. The actions are there to create a fake sense of safety. They just found their prey, and they're the predators. At least, that's what I'm making them think. I find a cold bottle and a bottle that is spiral shaped and hold them in opposite hands.

"It's ok, sweetheart." A man speaks this time, but I can only see their feet, so I don't know which one it is. "We just want to help you."

I smile to myself. It's almost time.. I can't contain myself and my giggles turn to laughs and then into hysterical laughter. I look up and they all step away in fear. That's right, you're all so predictable. I am sure I look crazy right now, but I am and this feels immaculate.

"HAHAHAHA, YOU JACKASSES ARE ABOUT TO DIE! HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT?!" I see their faces and they are all mortified. A sense of power rushes through me, it's amazing.

I fling my arms out and I throw the two bottles almost at the same time, but I through the spiral one first, then the ice. I don't freeze them, though. I make sure that the ice just traps them in their own home while the gas in the spiral container spreads and suffocates them.

I feel my heart beat slow down and I take a deep breathe. I don't know what came over me, but I don't mind. I was still logical, I was just... pent up and needed an outlet. That's all.

The ice climbs up to half the surrounding buildings' height, but after 5 minutes, the ice begins to crack. The gas seeps out of the cracks in the ice and I run around the corner of another building.

I hear the ice creak until, KAPOW! Ice shards fly across the street. I smile to myself and walk back into the alleyway. Most of the gas left with the ice, but there is still some collected on the floor. The dead bodies are covered in dark blue fog.

A hand latches onto my heel. My shoes are worn and disgusting, I've had them for years, now. "I'm... sorry.." a weak and scratchy voice spoke, it was the yellow haired one. She was just about to die, it is a miracle she is still alive.

I scoff at her, "You remind of someone I once knew. Actually, I met them a few days ago. He was a blonde like you. He was a lot nicer looking than you, though. There is just one problem about this guy... he tried to kill me. And, he failed, just like you did. Bye-Bye!" I smile as I bring my foot up and smash down on her head, hard. I didn't bother to look as her hand went limp.

The pile of clothing looks like a reward. I spy a beautiful pair of boots. They are pirate style almost, but they are burgundy and red. I grab them and take my bloody shoes off. Sure enough, they fit!