Chapter 8 (Transition Chap)

Tw: Mentions of Violence, Swearing, Trauma
A/N: Listen to rises the moon by Liana Flores for this chapter. It matches the vibes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

I gasp up for fresh air, my eyes wide, and my whole body shaking. I begin to calm down as I realize it was all a dream. A really, really shitty dream.

I relax and lean back into my chair. I take the papers stuck to my face off and put them back on my desk. They resemble an abstract potion of sorts once I lay all them all out.

I must of fell asleep in the office.

I look to my right and I see a very empty room. I get up and feel something fall off my shoulders. I look down and see my cloak.

That's right, I took my cloak off and hung it over my chair. My head is so foggy.

I get up and lean back. I feel my back pop and I hum in satisfaction. I lean upright again and attempt to walk to my room in the dark. When I get there... I'm no longer tired. I take a big sigh of frustration. I just want to sleep.

I sit on my bed, staring at the floor. That dream... it was a memory. It's too soon to think about it. I almost died, I was betrayed, I felt like a corpse beyond just the state my body was in. I felt dead in my mind, too.

I don't want to go back to that. I CAN'T go back to that. I finally feel at home. I sigh, the need to scream fills my brain. I shake it away and get up. I need fresh air.

I walk down the hall. I try to be as quiet as I can be. But, my shoes are clunky, and my jewelry shakes and makes noise.

"Y/N?" A voice calls out from behind me.

I turn around and I see Silco a couple feet away. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, it's just you."

Silco shakes his head and pinches his nose, "Why are you up so late? You should be asleep."

I examine him. Silco was still wearing his daily wear, so he must of been awake for a while.

I shrug, the reminder of my dream causes emotions to rush back to me. "You are up, too."

Silco sighs and stands there, awkwardly in the hall. "Do you need anything?" He asks politely after a moment of silence.

"No," I shake my head. "I'm going to town."

"Why? You should stay here. You look worn out. You need to rest." Silco's worry almost makes me laugh, only if he wasn't right.

"I can't sleep," I say as I feel a pit forms in my entire body. I feel hollow, again. I can't process this right now.

I could tell that Silco was getting annoyed. "Stay here, that is an order. Now, come with me."

I sigh. There is no fighting it. We are both stubborn and this could go on forever.

As I walked into his room, I see the familiar red and good. And its strange as I look at the bed and see fibers of my old clothes still stuck to the comforter. I remember it so vividly. It's comforting, yet haunting at the same time.

It's so stupid, it's so dumb how I got here. I'm an accident in every way, shape and form. Even my life is a clumsy blueprint made by fate.

Silco sat down on his bed and pat down beside him. I sat down after snapping out of my head. I sunk down into, it's so weird, so strange.

It felt bad. "I don't want to stay here."

Silco looked at me, then look back at the wall, "I know."

I want to move, but I'm not allowed to yet.

"Why do you want to leave so badly? Where can you go?" Silco brought up a good point.

Where would I go?

"I don't know," I admit. "I just want to.. I don't know."

Silco straightens his back, "Well, if that's the case... can you do me a favor?"

~Time Skip~

The work had taken months. Six to be exact... but, I made it. I made a shimmering potion in shades of pink, purple, and sometimes blue.

I stand up quickly, pushing my chair backwards with the back of my legs. It spins out of control and grabs the attention of Silco who was working at his own desk. I had my hands on the desk, trying to catch my breath. I stood up too fast. It's just amazing.

"What's wrong?" Silco says with his raised curiosity. "Did the formula fail.. again?"

He is just as frustrated as me. This has taken so long. It's been tedious.

"No..." I feel a smile of joy come across my lips. I haven't smiled in so long, not like this. "I just can't believe it, Silco."

I look up, after regaining my balance. I make eye contact with Silco and he is shock with my hopeful gaze and happy demeanor.

"I made it! It's done, now," I exclaim in pure contentment. "It's taken a while, but all I need is to test it! I think it'll work this time!"

Silco smiles back at me. It's not a smirk or anything malevolent, it's actually... kinda nice.

"Quickly," Silco stands. "Get the test subject."