Son

"I had a son too." Tubbo said, shattering the silence. Tommy looked up at him, but Tubbo was still walking with his head turned forward.

"And? Why should I care?" Tommy asked, Isaac curling further into his chest at his unusually harsh voice.

"He ran away." Tubbo said, ignoring Tommy.
Tommy huffed in laughter. "Can't say I'm surprised. Don't tell me you abandoned him too?"

Tubbo flinched, not replying. Tommy watched his back tense and flex like he was holding back a punch. But Tubbo didn't turn around. Tommy raised an eyebrow, a little bemused by the behaviour.

Sure Tubbo had lost a son, something that Tommy should relate to given his current predicament. But with all that happened between the two of them, Tommy had the care of a stranger.

"I didn't- we didn't- he was never supposed to try and escape." Tubbo said, and Tommy looked up in confusion.

"What did you do, lock him in a prison cell?" Tommy asked, because why would a child ever feel the need to 'escape'.

Well, Tommy should know. There was a reason he ran off with Wilbur all those years ago. But maybe staying at home by himself would've been the better option. Him and Wilbur had fucked up a perfectly good server, that's what they'd done.

Tubbo's steps faltered and Tommy slowed, expecting for them to come to a stop. Tubbo kept walking though. "It wasn't a prison cell. It was just his bedroom, and it was for his own good. We fed him, gave him a pet, made sure he was entertained. He never acted like anything was off."

As Tommy listened to Tubbo speak, his heart grew heavier. He held Isaac closer to his chest, taking comfort in his presence. And the worst thing was, Tommy wasn't even surprised. He just found himself so inexplicably sad for the kid who got stuck with Tubbo as a parent.

Before Tommy could say anything, anything to tell Tubbo just how much of a dickhead he truly was, they stopped. For real this time.
Tubbo turned to him. "This is Dr. Ponks office."

Tommy looked to his left and saw a small shack, sittings behind a fence lined with lemon trees. The door was painted with the universal symbol for medicine, Hermes staff.

Tommy looked back at Tubbo. The man was hesitating by his side, looking as if he wanted to say something. But Tommy didn't want to hear it.

"See you never." He sing-songed, and carried his son into the doctors office.