Michael Pt 2

Tommy could feel Jack's eyes on him as he walked into the hotel followed by an excitable piglin. Tommy flipped Jack off as to say 'nunya fucking business.'

They got to Tommy's room and he pulled out a match to light the torches. Instantly his eyes were drawn to Isaac, curled up under the sheets and breathing heavily. He could feel Micheals eyes on him as he put his hand on Isaac's forehead. The boys temperature had definitely gone up.

Tommy drew the medicine from his pocket. He was suddenly hit by a bout of homesickness. If only Raelyn or Alex were here now. He could use some support right now.

Tommy inhaled deeply, pouring a dose into the bottle's cap. He'd be back home in a couple of weeks. He just had to wait. Luckily, patience was one of the virtues he'd learnt over the years.

"Is that your son?" Michael said softly, like he was scared of breaking the silence of the room.

Tommy nodded, waving Michael to come sit next to him on the bed. Usually he wouldn't let a stranger so close to his son, but he got a feeling that this kid wouldn't hurt a fly. Michael tentatively came forward, yet didn't sit. He instead hovered awkwardly, making Tommy want to cringe.

"What's- um, not that you have to answer or anything - But what's wrong with him?" Michael asked. Tommy huffed, unable to bring himself to be offended.

"He caught some weird forest flu. Apparently cow hybrids are more susceptible to it or something, and Esempi was the only place that had the cure." Tommy said. "If I had a choice I'd stay as far as possible from this place."

Tommy gently shook Isaac, waking him. Michael looked on with mild interest, hanging back.

"Da..?" Isaac mumurmed, blinking blearily up at him.

"Hey Isaac," Tommy smiled. "I just need you to take this medicine for me, okay? Then you can go back to sleep."

Isaac pulled himself up. "Will it make me feel better?"

"Yeah, it will. You just need to drink it." Tommy said tenderly. He held the cap out to Isaac to drink from. The boy took it in his hands, shaking slightly. He drank it in one gulp and swallowed, grimacing.

"Tha dunt tase' very goo' Da'." Isaac grumbled, but he was already shutting his eyes and falling back on his pillow.

"Mm, you sleep now Isaac." Tommy kissed his son on the forehead and stood up. He exhaled and turned to Michael, who was watching them with a sad eye.

"You really care about him, don't you?" He said.

"He's my son." Tommy said. That was the only explanation needed. Michael looked even sadder, but didn't say anything else. "So where did you say you were supposed to meet your travel partners?"

...

Sorry this took so long, I never thought I'd struggle so much just to write 500 words, but oh well, I'm back to my usual schedule now hopefully