In The End

First Chapter will be released on April 4th 2022

------------------------

Living in New York isn't all it's cracked up to be. After living in the Big City for nearly five years, the most Ida Farcao has achieved is attaining her Degree in Business from NYU. Working at a local coffee shop during the day and a waitress at a local Strip Club at night, barely able to make rent, Ida and her roommate Cassie assumed their life had hit a dead end.

Of course, that was until one night, Ida was walking home from her shift at the club, and heard a Gun Shot in the alley.

Luciano Di Marchi, Don of the Male Del Brenta, a hushed whisper in the streets that could send any criminal insane with fear. After a usual mission is interrupted by a civilian, he's left with no option but to take her and deal with her elsewhere.

But Ida is talented and more useful to Luciano alive than dead, but when the lines between Business and Pleasure start to blur, things get dangerous. Especially when the Streets of New York become more dangerous than ever.

Luciano DiMarchi, the Don of the Male Del Brenta, doesn't like being caught. So when a young civilian catches him mid-kill, the only thing he can do is take his murder tally up a notch. But he used his last bullet on the dead body now bleeding out on his floor. He's left with no choice but to kidnap her.

But Ida is more than meets the eye, with hidden skills that can benefit Luciano just as much he can benefit her. When the line blurs between a job and romance, Ida gets more confused than ever before.

-----------------

"What do you remember?" He spoke to me, this time in English. I kept my cool, my face and body completely unreadable, regardless of the fact that my insides were churning at the sound of his voice, his accent thick on his words.

And then I realised, everything that had happened before... well, now. This was the man with the gun.

My face hardened. My mind flashing back to the night before, bile rose in my throat. "You, with a gun. You killed that man and you were going to kill me too."

His lips moved, "But I didn't, did I? If I were you, I would be just a little more grateful. What's your name?"

"Alexandria Yeael." I said, "Why?"

"È una bugia. Il suo nome è Ida." Solomon interuptted.

The man scoffed, "Ovviamente è. There is no point in lying to me, now, Ida, what am I going to do with you?"

I lifted my head, "You can stop talking in Italian, you're making me feel awfully excluded."

A tongue in his cheek, "Never, tell me what to do. My name is Luciano DiMarchi. Does that ring any bells for you?"

The name DiMarchi was whispered around the club, from tables in the corner under hushed breaths. I never learnt why, but it was obvious that whatever DiMarchi was, whoever DiMarchi was, he was standing right in front of me."

"Should it?" I challenged,

He bent his body so our faces were only inches away from touching, "Oh Tesora, it definitely should."

--------------------