Another Story

So, my dance studio has their own mini Company, which is growing, that I'm apart of. We do benefit performances and it's really fun. That being said, we get a lot of really cool opportunities because of it. For example, this past weekend six of us went to Washington DC to see ABT do "Cinderella" and take a masters class after the show.

To get to the class we had to go through the backstage area and we saw all the main dancers, like Cinderella, Prince Charming, the four fairies. It was so cool! Then we got in an elevator and three of the main male dancers were in there! We were so awkward and didn't say anything but it was the best 30 seconds ever! They were still sweaty from being on stage and had sweats on, and one guy wasn't wearing a shirt and had very impressive abs. I didn't stare at him though, I promise, it was just a once over then awkwardness.

My dance teacher saw a friend of hers, while we were in class, who was in the show and got to catch up with her. They (my two teachers, their husbands, daughter, and my mom) also saw Misty Copeland! We were kinda jealous, not gonna lie.

After the class we all got in the vehicles and made our way to get some dinner. On the way we parked as close to the Lincoln Memorial as we could and walked over there. It was so cold that some of us, including me, danced the way there! We then took a dance picture in front of the Memorial and danced back to the cars, and getting food before going home.

This day started by getting up at 5:00 and I finally went to sleep at 2:30 Sunday morning. I didn't go to church that morning, that's for sure.

*I found this picture (above/to the side) of ABT that they took the day before we did and thought that was so cool!*