0. prologue

ON THE NIGHT OF JUNE 5th 2011, ELORA LOCKWOOD BECAME GIRLFRIEND OF DEAN ROUT. June 5th was furthermore the exact night that Scott Mccalls heart shattered in two. The girl of his dreams; his infatuation since fourth grade, had been swooned into a romance by a conceited and possessive lacrosse player—a boy she was far too good for in everyone's opinion and not only his own.

The blonde beauty had forever been friends and sister with Scott McCall, Stiles Stilinski and her brother Ethan. They became the indivisible quadrat  from birth—a duration long before Ethan and Elora's mother came to be a drunk and their father had lengthy months absent from their home for "work"—which honestly was an cover that he couldn't suffer to be around Estell Lockwood any longer. The blonde endlessly marvelled why the malicious couple didn't simply get a divorce but never materialized a satisfactory explanation to the question.

It was a long time before Stiles Stilinski's mother had perished from a lengthy and crippling disorder that encompassed her up until her untimely death. It left the youthful boy a wreck—his father Noah Stilinski similarly. Their family of three became two and the McCalls and the Lockwoods stuck by them through their entire grieving period—whilst grieving over the loss themselves. Elora constantly wondered whether one of the reasons her mother turned to drink was because of the loss of her best-friend Claudia Stilinski.

It was a long time before Scott McCall's father walked out on him as a young boy and his mother. Melissa had gone over to Elora's house that evening and confided in her mother, the genuine explanation why Mr McCall had left. Elora remembered being awoken by the crippling sobs of Melissa McCall and had heard the whole story. From that moment, the blonde loathed her best friends father more than he perpetrated himself.

They became a support group for one another and understood each other's feelings as if they were their own. Of course, Scott had always been in love with Elora Lockwood—before he even knew the full magnitude that the word meant—and Stiles and Ethan had always known it. And as the four got older and all manner of things about them deviated, who they were friends with never did. Additions—like Lydia Martin—were added to Elora's circle, contending she needed female association too, but the boys would forever be her life support. Their friendship never wavered.

But now...

We've all heard the story of the girl next door. The boy who's hopelessly and desperately in love with a girl he could never obtain. But have you ever heard the story of the girl's boyfriend next door? A boy hopelessly and desperately in love with another boys girl.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

JUNE 5th 2011–7:36 pm

It was game night and the blinding lights of the lacrosse field shone generously onto the pitch. Twenty-two lacrosse players bustled and swarmed the grass, a litter of red and white jerseys cascading everyone's vision.

Elora stood at the line of the pitch, accompanied by the group of fellow cheerleaders who were supporting Beacon Hills. She cheered as the players ascended the pitch—particularly her brother—and caught the eye of the notorious Dean Route who sported his distinctive smirk, leading the players onto the pitch alongside his fellow co-captain—Jackson Whittemore.

As they continued to get into position, the brown-haired boy on the pitch sent the blonde beauty a playful wink—that caused her cheeks to redden.

Scott, on the other hand, wasn't nearly as cheerful as Elora and instead clapped sarcastically with a frown upon watching the interaction—while Stiles chuckled at the relations that the boy had managed to spot from his seat on the bleachers. Not only was he spiteful that he nor Stiles was good enough to be involved in the game, but he was also riddled with hatred for his jock neighbour who had been courting Elora since the beginning of the school year—only increasing his hatred for him.

The game began at the start of the bellowing whistle. It gnawed at their ears but that was soon ignored once the game began and the cheers of the crowd and the cheerleaders became the sound that encased the air.

Icy winds nipped at everyone watching in the stands while the players stormed through it. Elora cheered as Dean got the ball and swerved a few of the opposing team's players before slamming the ball into the back of the net—shaking her pom-poms while they all chanted for their school. Then it was him shouting the loudest.

Finally, it felt like as soon as the game had begun it was over and beacon hills had beaten Brookfield high six to two. The players were ecstatic, the crowd was ecstatic and so was Elora. She jumped up with joy and ran into the pitch shaking the sparkly balls of tinsel as they supported the players, high pony's swishing in the wind and their skirts bringing little to no warmth but their routine kept them at bay.

Scott wished that it would be him on the field one day—that it would be him that the blonde would run over to congratulate with her beautifully bright smile.

However, it was all short-lived. Because as Dean Route caught the eye of Elora through the rest of the players. He sprinted straight over to her, taking his helmet off in the process and in one swift movement he has picked the blonde up by her waist and spun her around with a shit-eating grin while a squeal escaped her lips. And once he placed her back down, he caught her lips in his.

And in a matter of ten seconds, Scott McCall's heart broke in two. He was benched in Lacrosse and now he'd been benched in the chase for Elora.