06. risk and reward

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

        THE WHOLE DRIVE TO THE BANK IN Derek's Camaro, Elora could tell that something was off with the McCall boy. She could practically see the thoughts swirling behind his eyes in a whirl pool of wondering and contemplation. It followed him like a bad smell all up until they reached the doors of the bank vault when the more blunt of the pair turned to the wolf irritably. "What?" He asked despite no words leaving Scott's lips.

    The boy sighed when he realised that his attempt to hide his reluctance had failed and the pair had seen straight through him—shown clearly by their wondering eyes—although Derek's showed far more anger compared to Eloras elegant blue orbs. "There's just something I can't get out of my head..." He sighed, like their was a wall between himself and some kind of realisation.

    The man didn't seem to mind that, that was what was bothering the boy. His mind remained solely on the wear wolves of his packs and the risk that waiting was bringing them. "The moon's rising, Scott. What is it?" He asked impatiently.

     "Risk and reward."

     Elora only knew what he was talking about because of their economics lesson—a very memorable one at that. But Derek who clearly was no longer a high school student—and hadn't been for a very long time—had no clue what the boy was implying—asking, "Which means what?"

     "We're not measuring the risk with enough information. We don't know enough." The boy stressed—pointing out how unprepared they were. Yes they had his and Dereks claws, strength and speed and yes they had Eloras magic. But would that be enough against an Alpha pack in the fight to regain one of their pack members.

     "We know time's running out!" The man countered, looking between the two teenagers who looked slightly unsure—Scott more than Elora.

     "Yeah, but think about it-- they put the triskele on your door four months ago. What have they been doing all this time? Why wait until now?" He contemplated, ultimately wondering whether what they were risking was worth it. Were the lives of each and every one of them worth it?

     "We don't have time to figure out every little detail--"

      Scott frantically looked between the pair with worry. "Okay, but what if this detail-- the reason why they waited-- is the most important one?" He suggested, but that remained as the last thing on Derek's mind.

   "Then we do nothing, and Boyd and Erica are dead. I know what I'm risking-- my life for theirs. And I won't blame you if you don't follow me." The man had already made up his mind and whether Scott raised the best argument he could—he was willing to do whatever. Willing to risk it all for his pack. Willing to take the role of their alpha.

    Elora looked between the staring contest that pair appeared to be having, before ultimately descending her gaze upon the dark haired man. "Were following you Derek." She insisted—hoping that she could speak for them both. Scott had never lied when he said that the girls bravery was unmatched. He was envious and wished that he held the same passion she did. And when she took his hand for comfort he remembered that he would never hesitate to follow her.

AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT THE BOY DID without hesitation. The three supernaturals made their way into the old abandoned bank just the way that Stiles had told them and Derek proved the boys underestimation wrong once again when he punched through the wall with minimal effort. Scott followed after so that he could ensure Elora a safe landing, holding his hands up for the girl who jumped down—no help necessary.

    The bank was engulfed in darkness that the regular human eye would struggle to see through, barely able to locate the end of a room amidst the shadows. Elora, Scott and Derek however, relied on the strength of their supernatural eyes. Three pairs of glowing eyes in the darkness. Green, Yellow and Red orbs making their way.