08. It's not just me.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

   THE LAST THING ELORA WANTED TO DO after being the first person on the scene to witness the murder of the man who had disappeared from Scott's work the night previous, was to sit in Mr Harris science class, while he droned on and on about electric fields and momentum.

    "All right, since inertia is a subject of which you all know plenty, why don't we start with "momentum?" Elora's least favourite subject was science. She had absolutely no idea how she even scraped a pass—although usually it all down to Lydia Martins notes. Although for some reason—of which Elora had no clue—Mr Harris had a strong dislike for the girl. He constantly picked on her, put harsh comments on her homework's and gave her late marks—whether she was two minuets or even that time the year before when he gave her one for being exactly twelve seconds late.

    Elora cursed the past version of herself who decided that it would be a good idea to sit with Dean in her least favourite lesson. So she sat leaning away from the dark haired boy—doodling in the corner of her text book while he occasionally glared at her from where he was still sat with his book closed mid way though the lesson. He was clearly more angered by her ignoring him for Scott than she thought he would be—not that she particularly cared either.

    All the while Scott and Isaac sat in-front of the pair, discussing Isaacs obvious anger towards the twins—both of which he was sure had bad intentions. Some of those directed towards his blonde best friend. The same girl that was sat behind her arguing with her boyfriend quietly—but not quiet enough for his wolf hearing not to pick it up.

    "I can't believe your acting like you've done nothing wrong." Dean huffed under his breath, trying to illicit a reaction from his girlfriend—despite it being clear to anyone who looked at them that she wasn't interested in arguing in the middle of their physics class—nor in general.

    Elora rolled her eyes at the boys relentless attempts to stop her from spending time with her best friend. "That's because i haven't done anything wrong." She spoke with certainty, because it seemed that recently everyone the girl was around—Dean hated five minuets later.

    "You are unbelievable. How many fucking times have I told you to stay away from him." He snapped, leaning closer towards the girl so that the pair in-front of them couldn't heart their argument—unbeknownst to their wear wolf hearing.

    "I'm not having this conversation again."

    "What is with you? Tell me the fucking truth, Elora. Do you like Scott?" He asked with a deadly glare. Elora didn't answer—especially considering the boy in question could almost definitely hear them talking. But her silence seemed to be answer enough for Dean as he muttered a string of curses under his breath, turning away from her, while Scott couldn't help but feel both guilty that he was the cause of their argument, but also hopeful?

    "I didn't—"

     "Elora... What do we know about momentum?" Their teacher snapped after over hearing their argument, stopping her mid sentence and snapping her attention back towards the front of the class. The girl who had absolutely no clue what they were even talking about sat there baffled, hoping that anything would come to mind. But when it didn't she had to admit defeat and mutter a short 'i don't know' under her breath—exactly what Mr Harris expected. "Maybe if you weren't talking, then you would. Go stand outside." He snapped before turning back towards the board at the front of the room.