Chapter 23: Thanksgiving Special

Fayette

Monday November 22
I should probably tell you that Fays family does celebrate Thanksgiving. I know Europeans don't normally but this family does! :)

I woke up to all three of my friends in my room. "Dude, your room is bigger than our dorm." Abby says and I laugh. I let my friends explore my room for a little while and I tried my best to get up.

I was so tired last night I passed out as soon as I hit my bed. I get up and walk to the bathroom to wash my face and do all the things in the bathroom. I pull on a matching set of hoodie and sweats.

I see my friends are waiting for me. "Breakfast?" I ask and they all nod. We head downstairs and as I'm walking to the kitchen I hear a loud scream that scares everyone.

I turn to see my beautiful mother running towards me. She pulls me into a big hug. She grabs my face and peppers me with kisses. "Mon bébé est à la maison" (My baby is home).

My dad comes around and sees me and gives me a big smile. I go over and hug him. "Oh chérie tu nous as manqué" (Oh sweetheart, we missed you.) He kisses my head.

"Vous m'avez tellement manqué, j'ai tellement de choses à vous dire." (I missed you guys so much. I have so much to tell you)

My mom smiles and looks behind me to see my friends. "These must be Abby, Cole, and Elias?" My mom asks and I nod. "Yep" She goes over and gives them a hug and kisses their cheeks. My dad greets them as well.

"Oh my goodness, Fayette Aurora Monet, this Elias man is so much more handsome in person." My mom says as she hugs Elias and grabs his cheeks. I chuckle. "Mom back up and give him a little space."

"I'm sorry he just looks perfect." She says and Elias gives her his charming smile. "Thank you Mrs. Monet you are very beautiful as well. Now that I'm looking at you I see where Fay got her looks from." He gives her cheek a smile.

I don't normally like when guys kiss up to my parents. For example, my ex didn't like my parents because they didn't like his bad boy phase. He would always kiss up to them to try to get them to like him. They never did.

Elias doesn't seem to be kissing up though. He seems generally happy to be here and I can tell he means every word he says.

"Oh mon amour, il est gardien, à quand le mariage ?" (Oh my love, he is a keeper, when's the wedding?)

"Mama!" Me and my dad both yell out at the same time. My mom shrugs like she didn't just say that. I roll my eyes and see all my friends have a confused look on their face.

My mom says her hellos to both Abby and Cole as well while my dad, Elias, and me are all sitting in the kitchen talking.

"So how did you guys meet?" My dad asks and I look at Elias. "He actually held the door open for me at our local café." I said and my dad nodded.

"That's lovely." My dad says, My dad is protective over me but knows I'm an adult and can make my own choices so he doesn't interfere with my love life.

"Yes Mr. Monet, your daughter and I also go to school together so our friend group just clicked together." Elias says and I nod my head.

"Wonderful, I like him mon amore." My dad walks away and leaves me and Elias alone.

"I was scared I almost pissed my pants." He says which makes me laugh. "My dad is not that scary with my sisters."

"How many sisters do you have?" I ask. "I have two older sisters, the first is Nicole, then Stella, then me.