Boyfriend

Nessa's pov.
I grinned at the shock on Eric's face.

"Why would you want to fight me?" he asked.

"So I can try to hurt you like you hurt me," I answered, still grinning. "Now you can feel pain for once."

"Umm, guys?" the other instructor (his name was Four or something) asked. "Look, Eric, just fight... Nessa is it?"

I nodded.

"Yeah," he continued, "just fight her so we can get the others to fight too."

Eric nodded, grabbed my arm and dragged me into the ring with him. And the fight began. At first, we just stared at each other, then I punched his face. He jumped back, clutching it, and I kicked him in his... you know. Gasping, he punched my arm, which only hurt a bit. I just kept punching and punching him, over and over. Then I realised. He wasn't fighting as hard as he would with anyone else. He didn't want to hurt me. He couldn't, because he still loved me.

And that made me even angrier.

Just as I started to punch again, Four stopped us.

"OK, OK," he said, "you can stop now Nessa."

I stopped and turned to face him. Awe filled his face; I'm guessing not many people have beaten Eric before. But he didn't know that Eric hadn't been trying.

"Look, I think you need to chill out a bit," he explained to me. "I'm going to let you go have a some time out. I'll send someone with you."

"OK," I said.

"You," he said, pointing at Callum. Uhhhh. Why why why Callum? "Go with Nessa. Make sure she's fine."

Callum nodded, and I got out of the ring. As we walked out, Four shouted, "Next fight! Andrew and Olivia!"

....

"So," Callum said as we walked along the corridors. "Why'd you hate Eric so much? Why'd you want to hurt him?"

I bit my lip. I'd have to lie. "I wanted to hurt him because when he pulled my out of the net yesterday, he punched me and said that I was stupid for jumping first."

Callum looked at me. "I don't believe that, Nessa. I know a lie when I see one. Eric... there's something about you that he likes."

He stopped walking and grabbed my hand.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Nessa," he whispered, even though no-one was there. "Eric... he loves you."

"And I hate him," I said. "So, so much."

Callum dropped my hand.

"Where should we go?" he asked.

"Can we go to the dormitory?"

He nodded, and we started walking again. We were silent until we got there. When we did, I scrambled under my covers and kicked off my trousers because I was hot.

"Not an invitation," I told Callum.

Callum laughed. "You don't want me to get in beside you then?"

Did I want him to?

Callum didn't get into the bed, but he sat on the end of it. I stared into his eyes, looking at the colour. Then I looked down at his lips. Why? I didn't know. I guess I was just looking at him.

I watched as his eyes went down to my hips, then back up to my face.

Suddenly I felt tired.

Yawning, I laid my head back on the pillow.