Further Investigation

Nessa's pov.
We ran back to Dauntless HQ, to be greeted by Eric, Max and Four. Quickly, I hid the microscope behind my back.

"Stop."

I skidded to a halt and so did Callum.

Oh crap, was the first thought that went through my mind. Oh craaaaaaap.

Callum and I exchanged glances; his gaze was worried and anxious. I tried to shoot him a reassuring smile, but I don't know whether it worked.

"Why are you not inside the building?"

"We had to go somewhere," Callum said. I could literally here the terror in his voice.

"And where was that?" Eric's eyes were filled with coldness and hatred.

"Errrrrr... We..." Callum stuttered.

"Why do you need to know so badly?" I asked defiantly. Or as defiantly as I could anyway.

"I am the leader of Dauntless. I have a right to know," Max said sharply.

"And we have a right not to tell you," Callum said, trying to sound brave. I shot him a smile to say he was doing well. "Come on, Nessa."

I grabbed his arm (still holding onto the microscope) and we ran past them and inside the building.

"Well done Call," I said, kissing his cheek. "Now let's start this investigation."

We got the fingerprint we found and put it under the microscope. For some reason, Dauntless had decided to have records of everyone's fingerprints, which was coincidently very helpful.

"Okay, let's see who stole this serum." Callum muttered, looking at the fingerprint carefully.

He then described it to me and I looked for a match out of the Dauntless fingerprints.

I almost dropped the list when I saw the match.

"Nessa? What's wrong?"

"I know who stole the serum."

"Great! Who was it?"

"Callum, I don't think getting them found out is a very good idea..."

"They need to know, Nessa. Stop acting weird and tell me who stole the serum."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure!"

I gulped.

"The person who stole the serum was...

Robin."

Author's note: *Marcus Butler voice* Heeeeellllllooooo! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating lately! Life has been in the way a bit, but in a good way! A really good way! Anyway, Robin stole the serum. *dramatic music* Dun dun dunnnnnnn! So I hope you like this little chapter! Hugs and kisses!

Mwah!

XxPhoebexX