Leaving

A/N: Isn't it ironic that both the first and last chapter of this book are called "Leaving"? Wow.

We left the next day, which also happened to be Choosing Day for the people who had turned 16. Just before we left, I decided to speak to one of them who caught my eye.

"Hey," I said to a blonde haired girl who was wearing grey. "So I'm guessing you've come from Abnegation then?"

"Uh, yeah," she replied. "I'm Tris Prior."

"Ah that's a nice name. Well do you like the look of Dauntless HQ so far?"

"Yeah, it looks pretty cool," she said. "It's just a shame that I had to leave my family. But, faction before blood, as they say."

"I hope you get through initiation. I can tell you'll be a great Dauntless member."

"Thank you," she said, smiling.

As I started walking away, she called, "Wait, what's your name?"

"Nessa Shaw," I said, turning around.

"That's a nice name," she said.

I smiled at her, turned around again and walked to Callum.

"You ready?" he asked, interlocking my free hand in his (I was carrying a bag of belongings in the other and so was he).

"Yes," I replied, squeezing his hand.

"Let's go," he said to me.

And we walked off into the sunset.
Okay okay, not quite the sunset. It was raining, so the sky was grey and disgusting.

But Callum kissed me in the rain, which was romantic. We also had to run to where the factionless were, because otherwise we'd get soaked in the rain.

Yes, we now had to stay with the factionless, as that is what we were. We'd been kicked out of Dauntless and now we had no faction. We belonged nowhere.

"Um hi," we said to the fact I on less as we greeted them.

"Why are you here?" a young girl asked us. "Did you not make it through initiation?"

"Oh, we did," I replied. "But then we got kicked out."

"Oh I'm sorry," the girl said. She actually sounded genuinely sorry for us. "Well uh... This is your new home. I'm Kirsty."

"I'm Callum and this is my girlfriend Nessa," Callum told her.

"Aw you're in love, how sweet!" Kirsty said, giggling.

I liked this girl already.

"Come with me," Kirsty told us, and she led us into the main building of the factionless. "I'm sorry but we only have one spare room. Will you be happy to share?"

Callum smirked. "We'll be fine."

When Kirsty's back was turned, I mouthed "Don't even think about it," to Callum. He smirked again and laughed.

I looked around the big hall that we were in. People were talking and laughing with each other, and although they were factionless, they all looked genuinely happy.

"This is our new home," I said softly.

"Our new home, our new life," Callum whispered. "We can change everything, we can make it different."

I nodded. "We can be whoever and whatever we want to be."

"We can live happily ever after."

"I'd like that."

"Me too."

I was sick of my life. Sick of... being me. I wanted to change.

So I did.

I left.

And it was the best decision I ever made.

A/N: And that is the end of this story! These final few chapters took a lot of work and a lot of Britney Spears to get right!

I hope you've enjoyed this emotional journey we have been on through this book. Have you grown to love Nessa and Callum as much as I do? I hope you have!

What was your favourite part of this story and why? I'm curious, tell me in the comments!

And yes, a sequel is coming! The name? Haha I'm not going to tell you yet. But I hope you're all excited for more Calessa and more stories from me! I will let you know when I've published the first chapter of the sequel.

Thank you all so much for reading this terrible story of mine. It's good to know the people actually like my work.

I guess I'll see you on the other side!

Mwah!
XxPhoebexX