Him... or Him?

Nessa's pov.
I started putting my plan into action.

Meal time came and I sat next to Eric, hoping that my plan would work.

"Hi Eric," I said, giving him a hug. "It feels like we haven't talked in ages!"

I saw Eric glare at Callum as he hugged me back. Callum looked disgusted and snarled.

Eric and I sat back down and started to eat our meal. Eric seemed extremely happy that I'd come and sat next to him, and he burbled on and on about this and that. I pretended to look interested - nodding my head at the right points and saying 'oh yeah' when needed - but I was mostly looking at Callum. One time we our eyes met, but all he didbwas stare at me angrily.

At the end of the meal, Callum came up to me and Eric.

"What on Earth?" he asked. "Are you guys just trying to annoy me on purpose?"

Not annoy you. Just make you jealous.

"No," Eric said. "I have a right to talk to Nessa."

"She's mine!" Callum shouted.

"You broke up with her!" Eric shouted back. "You broke her, can't you see? Have you not seen what you've done to her?"

"Of course I have!" Callum frowned, and for the first time in ages, he loomed really sad. "Of course I've seen it. It hurts too much. I haven't done anything about it because it hurts too much to even look at you like that. I'm sorry Nessa. I'm sorry for being such a jerk. I still... I still love you Nessa, but you don't deserve me."

I stood, shocked. I had come up with this plan to hear Callum say that.

"Yeah, she doesn't deserve a piece of crap like you," Eric sneered. "Sorry isnt enough. She deserves someone better. Like me."

...And Eric pressed his lips to mine.

Callum went bright red in the face. He reached out to Eric and punched him in the face.

Blood came spurting out of Eric's nose. He shouted in pain then gave Callum a punch in the stomach. Callum fell to the ground and Eric kicked him.

I screamed, and that caught everyone's attention.

The room looked at us. A lot began to shout, "Fight, fight, fight!"

Max came over to have a look at what was going on. He started to walk away again.

"You're not even going to stop this?!" I screamed at him.

"We're Dauntless," he said, shrugging. "Fighting's in our nature."

And he walked away.

By now, Callum had got up and it was a full-on fight. I was so scared that I burst into tears.

"Stop!" I screamed. "Please stop!"

As Callum turned to look at me, Eric gave him punch in the face.

"ERIC! STOP!" I screamed.

Blood poured down Callum's face and all over Eric's hand, but he stopped.

"Nessa, I'm sorry..." Eric began.

"Shut up!" I shout. "First, Callum, what the hell?! You didn't need to punch Eric!"

Eric sneered.

"And you! You're allowed to say sorry but Callum isn't? You are not funny, you are not amazing, you are not worthy of me. You're not worthy of any girl. I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up a loner for the rest of your life."

Eric stood with his mouth wide open.

Callum looked at me with a look of guilt and sadness. "I really am sorry, Nessa. Really, deeply sorry. Will you forgive me? And will you... will you go out with me again?"

"Yes. And I'd love to," I said.

And for the first time in ages, I smiled.