Chapter 3. She's Not a Puppy to Drag Her Home

Arina was fully aware that her story was so crazy that the white-haired man — what did he say his name was, Kakashi? — would not understand. Best case scenario, he would think she was insane. Alternatively, he might take her for some witch, and whatever they did with witches here she didn't know.

Although, on the other hand, perhaps this would be the easiest way out of this situation — if he'd just finished her off like those four men... A talented student of a leading economic university in Moscow, who at twenty was already undertaking an internship at one of the major international companies with a high chance of staying there on a permanent position, finds herself in some strange world, with a pierced chest, runs into four rapists-slavers, and then she is rescued by an assassin with a creepy eye who mercilessly cuts people left and right. No, he definitely won't understand — no matter how far this particular place itself was from being 'normal'. And then her stupid life principle intervened, which scared off more than one person already: she always did everything herself. I don't need your help — just don't interfere.

And so she left, on proudly stiff legs. However, after cooling down a little, she realized that, firstly, if there were these four, then there may be others, and secondly, she still had no idea where she was — and she had nowhere to go.

She was walking aimlessly along the river, so to occupy herself with something, she went down to the water and washed off the blood from her cheek and neck — her own and the one her saviour finished off the last. She shuddered visibly again at the memory. The scratch on her neck tingled a little, but the blood was no longer flowing.

At this point despair came over her again. As it turned out, the remains of her endurance were spent on leaving with dignity. She got up, wiping her wet hands right on the hem of her dress, walked a little more, staggered and leaned on the nearest tree. After standing there for a while, she finally slid down, pulled her knees up to her chest and tucked her face into them, wrapping her arms around them, as she had not done in a long time. She wasn't crying, the tears seemed to have run dry. Consciousness released her a little, and she again plunged into a detached state, as when she was walking along the road.

☙ ❦ ❧

As he thought, the girl hadn't gone far. A frail figure huddled against a tree. She did not raise her head even when he openly approached her and, after a little hesitation, sat down next to her, also leaning his back against the tree and almost touching her with his shoulder.

 She did not raise her head even when he openly approached her and, after a little hesitation, sat down next to her, also leaning his back against the tree and almost touching her with his shoulder

He coughed lightly and called out softly:

"Rina..."

The girl looked up at him with a somewhat hazy gaze, then suddenly pulled herself up, as if realizing that she had unforgivably let her guard down.

"If you really have nowhere to go..." he continued somewhat uncertainly, "I could take you with me to Konoha."

Consciousness screamed: She's not a puppy to drag her home, Hatake! — but he stubbornly drove this thought away.