Liquor Courage

Shit.

'Truth or Dare?'

'Dare.'

Shit.

'Call someone on your phone and tell them how you'd screw them.'

'Fucking deal.'

Shit.

Teeth. It was all teeth. The girl currently blowing Will in the college restroom was that type.

Not that Will minded- the pain was a must faster way to forget. Eventually, Will finished in the toilet bowl and while both students scrambled out with much fear, they parted ways just as easily as they met each other.

'Hey!' George waved at Will. The change in brightness made Will squint as he walked out into the parking lot where George was waiting, leaning on a car.

'Glad you could finally come over, Karl, this is Will.' Will shook the hazelnut's hand, Will made it an effort to note that he matched his polish to his sweater.

'George talks about you a lot, glad we could finally meet up.'

'He is tall,' the blond from the driver's seat pointed out over their conversation, Clay he was called.

Will settled himself in the backseat with George as they drove back to their place. George went on to gush about their loft apartment and Will made it a strong effort to ignore how Clay had a hand on Karl's thigh as he drove.

'Dude, you have got to stop avoiding him.' Nick's voice was weirdly configured, the call muffled by Alex's heavy blankets and more by the way the phone was pushed against the pillow.

'He's my friend, Sap. I can't just ignore what I did to him.' Alex whined from his gut, he was curled in the fetal position, finally poking his head out when the line went quiet only to see Nick's FaceTime catching him rolling his eyes.

'Firstly, it was just a dare, you were piss-faced drunk. Secondly, stop calling me Sap.'

'I will when you stop being sappy.'

'Dude, I'll hang up.'

Alex jumped grabbing at his phone, '-don't you dare.'

'-is what I thought,' Nick smirked on the other line.

'Look,' Alex saw the scenery shift towards the ceiling, it stayed there for a moment before Nick appeared in the frame again- with a hat.

'-Karl's coming back with a guest, so I gotta go. Figure yourself out dude, what's bothering you about last week? Find the reason and solve that.'

The call ended and just like last week, Alex's left in the deafening ring of the declined caller's dial.

It's quiet. Even as Will strummed his fingers against the faux guitar they installed onto their door. There was a squeak from the inside and Will took a deep breath before finally twisting the handle open.

Alex stood leaning against the wall. He wore a simply long-sleeved button-up and slacks.

He looked good.

'Hey.'

'Hi,' Will muttered back as he pressed forward into their space. The sudden reminder of their height being adamant with the way Alex's breath landed against his sternum. Will dared to reach out and Alex very obviously flinched.

'Your collar was up,' Will whispered, '-there.'

'Thanks,' Alex swallowed his words, '-about last week. Forget it.'

'Sorry?' The words came out in a jumble and Will almost had whiplash at the speed of which he said them.

Alex shook his head against Will's chest smaller knuckles digging into Will's abdomen, '-it was a dare. Nothing more. I didn't mean any of it.'

Will didn't speak and neither did Alex. He patted at Will's shoulders and turned to leave. Before Will could've thought his actions through- he shoved Alex against the door, finding the curl of his lips against his own.

Alex could fight, Will knew. He had told him stories of his abilities in kickboxing and for a long time, Will wondered what he'd look like in a fight. Tonight, Will felt it. Felt the way fists curled into the collar of his sweatshirt, the rebound of knees kicking up to spread space between them.

But that wasn't all Will felt.

He felt the shiver that racked the Mexican's when he cringed at Will's advancing tongue, followed by a hiss when Will finally broke past his locked knees pressing down on something sensitive. Fingers loosened in their vice grip and a shy tongue finally greeted Will's.

Alex's height failed to reach Will and so he took him in his arms, wrapping both of them around his waist as he pressed a hand into the small of his back. It deepened the kiss and broke them for just a split second for Will's lips to fall into the curve of Alex's jaw.

'Will- don't.'

'You're hard.'

'You taste like whiskey- did you drink?'

'I drank with George and his friends,' slurred words agitated the already trapped man more with how extensively his tongue flicked out to suckle on his earlobes.

'You're drunk, you're not thinking,' Alex huffed against his shoulder feeling the flooring change over the tip of his toes before his back collides against the bedding.

'Neither were you,' Will caged the other man. Will? No. This wasn't Will.

'Will- what's wrong with you?' 

Suddenly there was rain.

Alex reached out from under the man he knew nothing of, '-Will.'

There was no cloud in the sky that night, for moonlight shone down through the only wide window in the dorm and it painted Will's tears in iridescent silver.

Alex caught a raindrop when he pressed a palm to cold skin, his words came out heavy with something that sounded like agony.

'Can't you pretend?' He whispered against Alex's fingers.

'Can't you pretend you like me?' Will collapsed from within and Alex held a hurricane in his arms that night.