A Meeting and a Reunion

Chapter 7: A Meeting and a Reunion

David approached Gold and Belle's little corner in the Town Hall, where they dwelled, with a purposeful stride.

"Gold...we need to talk," David stated.

"It sounds serious...should I leave?" Belle asked.

"No...in fact I think he's going to need your support for what I'm about to tell him," David responded, as he led them behind a partition they had put up to allow for private conversations. David sighed.

"We had a few outsiders cross the town line again today. Fortunately, they weren't violent and we have let them join our ranks...for now," he explained.

"Do you really think that's wise?" Gold hissed.

"Let me explain," David insisted.

"The last outsiders that came through here nearly killed us and they're the reason there's no magic!" Rumple growled.

"Rumple...please," Belle pleaded.

"I know...if you recall, Snow and I dispatched those outsiders and we're the reason that potion ever existed in the first place from what you've told us," David snapped back, as the older man relaxed slightly.

"The reason we let them in was because there was someone with them that vouched for them and insisted that they weren't violent," the Prince explained.

"And who is this person that you suddenly trust? Because while I know your wife is quite trusting...you're not. You grew up like me. Poor as dirt with a father that betrayed you at a very early age. I know you don't trust so easily," Gold said, as their eyes met. It was true that they connected on that level and David had never expected Rumpelstiltskin had humbled beginnings like him.

"You're right...and there are things about this man that I'm still very angry about, but there is one thing about him that overrules that," David replied.

"And what is that?" Rumple questioned.

"Because he's your son," David stated, shocking both Belle and Rumple.

"Bae...Bae is here?" he questioned.

"That's what he says and we know it's true, because there's more. There's something else that none of us expected," David continued.

"What is it?" Belle asked.

"In this land, he goes by the name of Neal Cassidy," David responded.

"And that's supposed to mean something to us?" Rumple questioned.

"No...but it means something to Emma," David countered.

"Neal Cassidy is Henry's biological father and he is meeting his own son as we speak," he continued. Rumple was stunned. For all his foresight and planning for the future he had done from his visions, he had never seen this twist. His son, his precious Bae had somehow encountered the Savior in her youth. The son of the Dark One had conceived a child with the daughter of the truest love he had ever encountered; a virtual symbol of pure light. There was no way that this was coincidence; fate did not allow for such. Light and Dark joined in such a way...it was unprecedented and he was probably the only one that could fully appreciate the gravity of such.

"Rumple..." Belle cooed, snapping him back to reality.

"I need to see him..." he said. David nodded.

"I'll warn you...from what I gather, he's still angry with you. He told me outright that if the world hadn't ended that he would have tried to make sure you never found him," he warned.