Mystery Field Trip Announced, & an Overprotective Older Brother

Anna Parker could not wait for the day to be over. She wanted nothing more than to go home and to be able to see her Aunts and Uncles for some much-needed time to release the pent-up energy that she was feeling through working out (sparring) and beating her Aunts and Uncles in the prank wars. She was pulled out of her daydreaming when she heard her name being called albeit quietly from her right. As she turned to her seatmate who happened to be her older brother, Peter, she saw him nodding toward the front of the classroom where their teacher was talking about a chemistry topic that she had learned years ago. She gave a small inaudible sigh that only one person could hear (with enhanced hearing a.k.a. her brother) and discreetly checked her watch that had her own personal AI: Rose.

Her head jerked up quickly when her teacher said the words that she had been dying to hear all year: Field Trip.

"Alright class as you all know it is almost time for our end of unit test." Anna could hear some audible groans and whispers going around the room as some of the students started mumbling under their breath about how tests were stupid and whatnot, their teacher waited for them to quiet down before she continued her speech, "Well instead of doing a test as per usual at the end of a unit the science department has arranged a surprise fieldtrip where you all will be able to put the skills you have learned to the test. You will need to have your permission slips into me by next Monday afternoon and we will be going on the trip on Friday."

As Ms. Warren finished her speech the bell for the end of the day sounded and the students began to file out into the hallways to grab their belongings to go home after they grabbed a permission slip. Both Anna and Peter stayed behind to ask Ms. Warren if they both had to bring separate permission slips or if they could fill out a permission slip with both of their names on it. As usual they could have one slip with both of their names on it and there was one that was being sent home to their parents as an e-mail as well.

Peter and Anna thanked their teacher and headed to their lockers to get their books and things for homework as per usual both of Peters best friends Ned and MJ and Anna's bestie, Lacey were waiting for them by their lockers ready to walk with them to their cars. Peter and Ned started to talk about the field trip and Lacey and Anna were talking about which superhero was better Iron man or Spider-man. MJ had her nose in her book trying hard not to laugh at the conversation that the girls were having. MJ was silently thanking the gods that Peter and Ned were too engrossed in trying to figure out where they were going on the trip to hear the debate between Lacey and Anna due to the sensitivity of the subject to both boys.

------------------------------ 5 Minutes before with Peter----------------------------------

"Hey loser."

"Hey Peter!" Both Ned and MJ greeted Peter as he walked up to his locker.

"Hey, Ned and MJ. Are you ready for the field trip Next week?" Peter asked his friends as he got his things from his locker.

MJ looked up from her book for a short moment to nod her head slowly before going back to her book.

"Definitely! Where do you think that we are going for the field trip Pete?"

"I'm not sure I guess it will be to a place that has a science and technology department because Miss Warren said that we would be applying skills that we had learned in class on the field trip."

"True. Wouldnt it be funny if we ended up going to Stark Industries or Avengers tower for the field trip?"

"No, it wouldnt. Do you know how much Flash and the rest of the student body would try to make Anna and I look like fools as well as the rest of my family would try anything to embarrass me and Anna?"

"They wouldnt do that especially if they knew they were on a field trip with your class. Would they?" Ned asked.

"Probably not but all bets are off when there is a prank war happening and unfortunately one just started last week."

"Your life is so cool. As well as your family."

Peter smiled half-heartedly at Ned's excitement and a grateful glance to MJ for distracting Ned by giving Peter an out by changing the subject to their decathlon meeting once she noticed that Peter wasn't completely interested in the conversation and started hoping that Ned would drop the topic of the field trip for the time being. He let out a relived sigh when Ned started to talk about what he was planning on doing over the weekend.

As he saw his younger sister start to make her way over to where the friends were waiting for them Flash chose that exact moment to try to harass his sister and Lacey by trying to shove them into a pair of lockers as they were walking over to them. Peter activated little sister protection protocol on his watch and Karen alerted Rose that someone was coming up behind her. Even though Anna was 12 and she was in the 8th grade and some tenth-grade classes with him he still was very protective of her.

A.N.-I started this story a while ago, after I had been reading a bunch of Peter Parker going to Stark industries on a field trip. I wanted to try and write the trope, but I wasnt sure exactly how and what I wanted to write about. So, I started to think about it and I noticed that there werent many stories about Peter having younger siblings (I guess because its not exactly canon). I thought that it would be cute to see Pete interact with a younger brother or sister. I thought that he would be an amazing older brother and he would be that sibling who would be willing to get into trouble with them, but also would get them both out of trouble as well as tease them relentlessly but not allow others to do that to the other siblings. That got me thinking: what if Peter had a younger sister (besides Morgan) and they both were subjected to going to on the classic field trip to Stark industries? Peter would be his self-sacrificing self and the Avengers would be embarrassing to him and of course Flash would be an idiot. As well as throw in some LGBQIA+ people, little space, and people who love embarrassing the young students and you have this fic. Oh yeah and did I mention that Peter has to hide from his classmates that he is the son of the most famous people in the world? Wish him and his family some good luck. Because they are going to need it!

*R.O.S.E. stands for Robust Operating Secretary Extraordinaire*