Fear and A Close Call

Minutes before Anna walked into the training room

Peter awoke with a pounding headache and his spider sense was going crazy. He ran out of his room and looked around seeing and hearing all his immediate family except his younger sister, ignoring the curious glances of his family, his sister's best friend, and boyfriend who were all asking him what was wrong. He looked at his watch and asked Karen, 'where is Anna?' He ran to the elevator hopped on as Karen was answering his question 'Anna is on her way to the training room, but she appears to be lost in her thoughts and is not paying attention to her surroundings she may be in immediate danger soon.'

FRIDAY did not say a word as she brought the elevator to the training room in about two minutes after Peter had gotten on. As the elevator opened Peter transformed his wristbands into his web shooters and got to the doors not soon after Anna had gotten halfway to the room. He saw in almost slow motion the arrow from Clints bow being released. Without thinking Peter called her name to get her attention, Anna looked up but did not have time to move due to her freezing on the spot. Hearing her scream in fear, gave him the adrenaline to go into action. He shot a web close to Anna reassurance and swung grabbing her seconds before the arrow reached her. As he landed Peter held his little sister close, she looked up at him and cried. While Anna was sobbing, he could hear his dad yelling at the rest of the team that they had endangered his daughter and that if Peter were not there to save her, she could have died. He had heard Steve saying that she should have been paying attention to her surroundings and she had walked into the line of fire because they were training for a field mission. He had also said that none of them had known that Anna was coming down and she should not come down without an adult. Peter looked at Clint who looked completely guilty at the thought of hurting his niece and scared at the father in front of him but did not say anything because he did not want to make anything worse. Peter did not care about the argument in the slightest because he was trying to comfort the twelve-year-old he held in his arms. As he held Anna, he whispered reassurances to calm her cries and rocked her in his arms.

"Hey sorella. Do you want to go upstairs?"

"Could we watch a movie?"

"We could ask Mom and Dad, but I dont think that they will mind."

"Could it be a team movie night?"

"We should probably wait and see about that, but why dont we go upstairs its almost dinner time. Are you hungry?"

"Mm-hm" she said sniffling.

"Okay. Lets go."

As Peter walked to the elevator, he got a feel for how scared Anna was. She laid her head against her big brothers shoulder like she used to do she was younger with her parents. When he had tried to set her down, she gave a small whine and held on to him for dear life (she had not done this since she was six or seven and she usually did it to her parents). He looked at her and noticed that she had fallen asleep, giving her a quick peck in her hair he gave a small sigh as he knew that they both would have nightmares later tonight. He gave a small smile when he saw that FRIDAY had already opened the elevator doors and started to take him to the penthouse without him having to say a word.

"Petey!" Morgan squealed as soon as she saw them walk out of the elevator. Running toward them at high speed to give her older brother a hug. Before she got extremely far Harley grabbed Morgan and put her on his hip and asked her to be quiet, so she did not wake up her older sister. When Peter was able to put Anna down. Morgan was not incredibly happy about this so to distract her Harley started to tickle her. When Peter came back out to see her after laying Anna down, getting her tucked in, running his fingers through her curls, and giving her a small kiss on the forehead, Morgan was in a happy mood and was happy to have her brothers full undivided attention. Neither of the boys noticed Lacey walking into Anna's room with her stuff so she could do her homework near Anna so that if she woke up from her sleep she could be there.

After she had finished her homework, Lacey climbed into the bed next to Anna and started to stroke her hair fondly running her fingers through her scalp and gave her a small kiss on her forehead.

*sorella- sister (or in this case younger sister)*

AN: So this chapter is a little shorter than some of the others in this book. Although it is mainly a fluff chapter, but I didn't want to have too much drama before I am completely ready for it. Therefore a couple of chapters may not be as long as others. I am really thankful for you guys for reading this and I hope you are having a great day! 🤗