Dabi and Maddie

In a little abandoned bar turned house in a large network of alleyways sat a young girl named Madelynn Enersai on an old couch. The house was quiet with only her little crunches on chips and the laugh track on the television. She was waiting for her best friend and only family to come home from work late at night. To anyone else, he was a dangerous and murderous criminal, but to her, he was the sweetest guy one could ever meet. Both interpretations we're arguably correct.

Maddie was eighteen, but mentally still very naive and dependant, with good reason. She had spent her whole life mentally and physically abused by her mother, the Pro Hero Hyperwave. She wasn't gifted with both the powers, or the Quirks, of both he parents, but her sister was. That made her a disgrace among her broken family. There were never any friends she hung out with, nor did she speak of her abuse to anyone besides the teachers at her school who found out and forced it out of her. Her mother, Mikoto Enersai, threatened to kill her if she did, as well as her little sister. However after being pushed to a breaking point by bullies who wanted her to meet the same fate as her mother wanted her to, she accidentally murdered them all and was forced to flee.

Now she was with the villain who went by the name Dabi. It seemed like a horrible situation, but she was incredibly happy to be with him. He allowed her to stay with him on the condition that she respect his privacy and helped clean up around since he worked all day and she'd be home being able to do as she pleased. What started out as a negotiation between a villain and a scared girl turned to a strong bond, friendship, and even love.

As the laughing track played from yet another ridiculous joke, Maddie heard the faint sound of the front door being unlocked from the outside. A smile went across her face and she shot up. Dabi walked in with bags under his eyes, looking completely out of it. He was able to manage a smile for her though.

"Dabi-Kun!" Maddie happily shouted, running towards him.

"Hey there, Kid." Dabi held his arms out for her.

Maddie let out a happy giggle and ran into his embrace. She was much smaller than him, so her head only reached the bottom of his chest; he himself was also pretty tall. Her tiny head nuzzled into his tattered old white shirt and he gave it a little rub with his burnt up hands.

"I missed you." Maddie beamed with a cute little blush. "How was work?"

"No more shitty than usual." Dabi yawned. "I missed you too. What'd you do today?"

"Not much really." Maddie admitted while itching her head. "I did clean a little though." She pointed to the wall. "I've been trying to get that old grafitti stain off."

Dabi looked at the much more faded graffiti on the wall. "You know you don't have to worry about that, right?" He gave her a tired smile. "Maybe you can draw a really big picture for me and we can put it there."

"O-o-o-oh! That's a good idea!" Maddie happily jumped at the thought. "But where will I get paper that big?" She contemplated.

"I'll find some for you. I promise." Dabi rubbed her small head, letting out another yawn.

"Are you sleepy?" Maddie asked him, seeing he was about to fall over.

"I'm always sleepy." Dabi gave her a smile.

"Okay, I'll leave you be so you can go to bed." Maddie gave him another hug. "I love you."

"Aye, you don't have to leave me." Dabi hugged her back. "I just got home and I haven't seen your cute face all day."

"Well, I want you to sleep." Maddie shyly fidgeted with her sweater sleeves.

Dabi just stared at her for a moment. She had been with him long enough to know what that meant by now. It meant that he wanted to be with her no matter what was going on. Even if he was going to sleep, he wanted her to lay with him. She couldn't say no to spending time with her Dabi-Kun.

"I'll come lay with you if you want." Maddie finally said after a long five seconds.

Dabi grinned. "Good." He grabbed her hand and led her into his room.

Maddie giggled when she was guided into Dabi's messy bedroom. He grabbed some of his pajamas off the floor and went into the bathroom to change. She was already in her pajamas, so she just laid in her spot of the bed, which was the left side close to the door. Dabi laid on the right closest to a small window. He came back out in the saggy pajamas and plopped down on his side of the bed, letting out a little groan that made Maddie laugh.

"I'll go get my E.S and play it in here while you sleep. I promise I'll keep it down." Maddie told him, beginning to get out of the bed.

"Don't worry, you won't wake--" Dabi began to say but stopped. "Hey! Hold on!"

"What is it?" Maddie gave him a confused look.

"I told you we'd watch Feldsein!" Dabi pulled her back towards him. He gave her the puppy dog eyes. "Stay with me." He told her adorably in a whine.

"Dabi, I was going to come back." Maddie giggled. "And we don't have to watch Feldsein tonight. I want you to sleep."

"No, I promised you last night that we would and I passed out on you." Dabi shook his head. "Lay here. We'll watch some, okay?"

Maddie giggled and sat back down on the bed. "Okay, I will."

They put on the first episode that was on the DVD since both were too tired and lazy to do anything else. Dabi noticed that Maddie hadn't laid down and was sitting on top of the blankets. She felt him staring and looked down at him and smiled.

"What?" She asked.

"Don't be shy." Dabi told her. "Lay down and relax."

Maddie chuckled and did what he wanted her to, feeling the warmth of the covers around her. Dabi let out a happy smile and gave her a little head rub. "Are you cold?" He asked her.

"No, I'm okay." Maddie assured him.

"You were supposed to say 'yes' so I could cuddle you." Dabi scooted closer to her.

"Oh." Maddie blushed, scooting towards him as well. "Yeah, I am a little cold I guess."

Dabi smiled with a small exhale through the nose. "You're so cute." He told her, pulling her close to him. "Were you okay while I was gone?"

"Yeah, I feel a lot better now that your home though." Maddie admitted.

"Maddie..." Dabi frowned at this. "Were you scared? Did you need me?"

"Oh, no, I'm okay." Maddie assured him with a sweet smile. "I just miss you while you're gone. That's all."

Dabu blushed at her. "I miss you too, Kid. I'm glad to be with you again."

"You do make me feel safer, though." Maddie nuzzled close to him. "I know even if you're not here, you'd never let anything happen to me."

"Hmm..." Dabi grinned and gave her a kiss on the head. "I'll always be here for you."

As the two cuddled together the tired Dabi quickly fell asleep against his best friend's (though it was much more than that) head. Maddie stayed awake longer and watched the show, but it was soon drowned out by his snores. She giggled and closed her eyes, feeling his warmth which lulled her to sleep. When she was with him, there was no reason to be afraid. He loved her and he kept her safe. That was all she ever wanted. No matter what happened, they were together.

"I'm glad you make me feel safe, Dabi-Kun." Maddie told him softly before falling asleep.