We're Here For You

During her third period class, Maddie was suddenly called into the principals office over the intercom. All of the kids buzzed at the idea of someone getting in trouble, especially a few girls. The girl that despised her because of her lack of knowledge for her own Quirk whispered to a few of her friends and they all giggled with devilish grins. That was all heard but ignored. What was on Maddie's mind most was what she did or why she was being called in there. She never had been before since she was always well behaved.

The hallway seemed to grow darker and darker as she walked down it. Had principal figured out her situation? Was he going to confront her mother like the counselor had? She felt around for any bruises on her body and realized she had one. The office door was right in front of her and she quickly healed it before anyone could see. Her hand shook as she reached and turned the chilling door know. What was on the other side surprised her.

"W-Wha--" Maddie said in shock. "A-All of you are--"

Who stood before her were Midnight, Eraserhead, and even the number one hero himself, All Might. Pro Heroes. They all worked at a high school nearby called UA which was meant for training high school students with promising Quirks to become Pros. Why were they here? And especially why did they want to speak to her?

"If you'd like an autograph, just ask, beautiful." Midnight gave her a wink.

"You're all Pro Heroes? But... Why are you here?" Maddie asked and looked around the room. "A-And... um... are you sure you've got the right person?"

"This is Hyperwave's eldest daughter, right?" Eraserhead pressed the principal.

"Yes, that's her." The principal directed his attention back to Maddie. "Enersai, they are here because they've heard rumors of Mikoto's abuse towards you and want you to tell them about your experiences with your mother."

"Oh... is that all?" Maddie said like a drone. "My mother is very kind to me and always has been. She may have a hard time with us because she's a single mother and tries her best. I love my mother." All of this was a complete lie, but something Mikoto told her to repeat in situations like this. No matter who these people were, she'd rather not die by her mothers hand.

"Madelynn, we need you to be honest with us." All Might spoke. "If your mother is hurting you then she is a villain and it is our job to protect you and your sister."

Maddie lightened up. "Can you take me and my sister away from her? Do you have the power to make sure nothing happens to us?" She asked them seriously.

"Young Enersai! I am the number one hero! I will protect you and your sister at any cost!" All Might gave her a big thumbs up.

"Don't get her too excited. We'll still have to go through a heavy court case." Eraserhead sighed.

"Oh, Aizawa, don't get the poor kid scared now." Midnight sighed. "With a little evidence it'll be an easy win for us and the children."

"But we don't have that evidence." Aizawa muttered.

"Well, first we need to figure out the girls situation." Midnight sighed at his pessimistic attitude. "Madelynn we promise that until we have proper evidence to get you out of there, we will not tell a soul. For you to even have a chance to live happily with your sister, we need need understand what's going on. Will you tell us? For the good of your sister?"

Maddie felt the pressure of this decision on her shoulders. The weight was so massive it made her wobble and almost fall to the ground. Should she even be allowed to make such a shattering decision? The life of her sister rested in her hands. She could disrupt that life with just a yes or no answer. She didn't like that she had such power. She wished it was just her life that she was changing. Riley seemed happy with the life she had. Maddie only allowed herself to suffer for her sister. She'd never allow Riley to suffer for her. Ever.