Do You Want to Go on a Date?

It was late one peaceful night and Maddie was in her pajamas, preparing to be up for the next three hours playing a game she loved while Dabi was asleep. It had been a few weeks since Dabi told her he'd take her on a date, but she had mostly forgotten. Dabi had not, and instead of going to bed, he was downstairs getting dressed into one of his nicer outfits. It was still really casual, but it was the only one not dirty or tattered. He smelled himself for a moment and sighed. His burnt skin made him smell like rotting flesh sometimes and he was genuinely surprised that Maddie never said anything about it. It was much more potent when he used his Quirk and burnt some of his skin, but it was always slightly there. He never asked Maddie if she smelled it, but he tried his best to put on some cologne he had recently stolen so he could mask it for her. He looked in the mirror sadly, still baffled as to how she thought she was handsome and how she could kiss him. It didn't matter. If she loved him, he'd do whatever it took to keep that love. Thankfully, Maddie was someone who naturally loved those close to her no matter what.

"Okay." Dabi mumbled to himself. "You look... presentable. Now, you just need to ask her out on a date." He let out a depressing but also loving sigh, smiling. "Ask that sweet angel out on a date."

With no confidence but love in his heart, Dabi happily marched his way up to Maddie's room, knocking on the door. Maddie got up from the floor and answered adorably in her pajamas. She saw his attire and was surprised. He looked very serious in it. Very business-like. "Hi, Dabi-Kun." She eyed his clothes. "I like your outfit. Do you have late night business to do for Giran?"

Dabi chuckled at her assumption and shook her head. "Nope." He grabbed her hand. "How tired are you?"

"Uhhhh..." Maddie shyly gazed at the clock. It read a little after midnight. From Dabi's smile, hand holding, and asking of the question, she realized he wanted to do something special with her. "No, I'll probably be up for a few more hours. I slept late today." She admitted with a chuckle and then thought about it. "Or is it technically yesterday?"

Dabi laughed more at her. "Well, if you're going to be awake..." He suddenly stumbled on the beginning word for his next sentence. "W-Would... um... Do you want to go on a date with me?"

Maddie's face glowed a faint red. For a moment she was surprised and didn't know what to say. However, she processed it much quicker than she thought and let out a sweet smile. "Yeah! I'd love to go on a date with you, Dabi-Kun!"

"Great." Dabi grinned with joy and relief, moving her hand up and kissing it.

"Just give me a minute to get dressed, okay?" Maddie smiled and prepared to close her door.

"Take your time." Dabi shook his head and went down the stairs and to the couch. Pure ecstasy coursed through his veins. She had said "yes" to a date with him. The girl that he loved so much said "yes" to a date with him.

Maddie was rummaging around her room. She didn't have that many clothes, and none of it was first date material. Dabi looked so handsome in his attire, and she wanted him to think she was pretty in hers. Of course he thought she was pretty no matter what she was wearing, but to her it mattered a lot. She eventually sighed and settled on jeans, a long sleeved blue shirt, and her favorite blue sweater. Her hair still needed to be brushed, so she quickly tended to that and looked in the mirror. There were tiny bits of acne on her face and other impurities that made her feel unworthy of Dabi's praise. She sighed and grabbed a pack of mints just in case, heading downstairs.

"This is the best I could find." Maddie admitted shyly as she walked down the stairs. "Sorry."

"Best you could find for what?" Dabi asked perplexed.

"An outfit." Maddie muttered.

"Oh, who gives a shit about that?" Dabi grinned at her. "You could've worn your pajamas if you wanted to. It doesn't bother me."