I Love You

A few days passed after the incident with Midnight and Eraserhead and both Maddie and Dabi were still shooken up by it, but mainly Dabi. Maddie had something way more pressing in the back of her mind. It was something she mostly ignored and didn't even know was there, but it was beginning to come out: her crush on Dabi. Dabi himself was also fully realizing his crush on her, though he didn't exactly know how to tell her that he liked her. He really enjoyed her being there and how kind she was to him. Deep down he wanted to be more than her friend and make her happy in a relationship. However, he had never been in a relationship before. He didn't exactly know if jumping into something he didn't understand and with someone as great as her was a good idea. Like Maddie, he kept quiet about his feelings.

At the time it was late at night and Maddie was up in her room playing games on her TV. The front door was really loud, so she could hear the sound of Dabi coming in from work. A smile went across her face at his keys jingling as he put them on a hook. If the noises wouldn't give it away, Dabi shouting for her did. "MADDIE! I'M HOME! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!"

With a happy spring in her step, Maddie hopped up and ran downstairs to greet her best friend. She saw him smile as she did, which made her feel warm inside. "Dabi-Kun!" She jumped off the last step with excitement and landed near him.

"There you are." Dabi smiled at her being adorable. "I hope you didn't think you'd get out of our Feldsein watching."

"Of course not." Maddie giggled.

"I think we're coming up on one of my favorite ones." Dabi grinned.

"Cool, then we'll have to watch all the ones we can so we can get to it tonight." Maddie said sweetly with a smile.

Dabi gave her a smile on return. He was happy she cared about his feelings. Even though it was for something so small, it meant a lot to him. "I'm glad you like the show. I'm enjoying watching it with you."

"I'm having a great time watching it with you too." Maddie smiled and inched a little closer. "So..." She tried to think of a conversation topic because even though she knew Dabi better, she still didn't know too much about him; his name especially. "How was work?" She went with the typical question.

"It was work." Dabi shrugged. "Never really all that fun. Just burned a couple of guys. That's about it to be honest."

"Did you get hurt?" Maddie frowned.

"Nah, nobody got a scratch on me." Dabi shook his head with a smile.

"I bet it's hard to when you're using strong fire from a long range." Maddie giggled, not realizing the tingle in her cheeks.

"Yeah." Dabi nodded.

"I missed you a whole lot." Maddie shyly giggled.

"I missed you too." Dabi chuckled back just as awkwardly. "I wish I could carry you in a bag with me all day so you'd always be with me."

"You might be able to do it. I'm pretty small." Maddie joked.

"Hahaha!" Dabi laughed harder. "I guess we'll have to test it one of these days, won't we?"

Maddie blushed at his laugh. Before nothing could ever get him smiling or laughing that hard. She suspected she was now the only one who could ever pull of off; the only one who'd ever hear those beautiful sounds. It made her feel special, and she was special in his eyes. "Yeah, I guess so." She said in her sweet and quiet voice.

"So, what did you do today?" Dabi asked her as he took his tattered blue jacket off.

"Not really anything much. I threw some trash away and cleaned, and I played games all day." Maddie admitted. She had been a little afraid to go out after what happened so she stuck to her hobbies inside for the time being.