Is He My Boyfriend?

While on a late night walk with Dabi, Maddie met two twin sisters who caught a glimpse of her shirt. When complimented on it, Maddie happily started a conversation, as the shirt had characters of a show she liked on it. The girls gave her their phone numbers and now it was a debate between her and Dabi on if she should go and hang out with them for the night. Surprisingly, Dabi was the one encouraging her to go.

"Come on, Maddie." Dabi argued and followed her up to her room. "Why don't you want to go?"

"Because I want you spend time with you. It's your day off." Maddie told him, sitting on her bed and crossing her arms.

"You see me every day." Dabi shook his head. "Those girls invited you to a sleepover and you like them, don't you?"

"Not as much as you..." Maddie said shyly.

"Will you forget about me for one damn second and go make some friends?!" Dabi raised his voice. "The only friend you have is Tavia and the last time you hung out with her, you were almost raped!"

"But..." Maddie frowned. "Dabi, I have you as my friend."

"It's unhealthy for you to stay cooped up in here all the time and only hang out with me." Dabi crossed his arms. "Don't get me wrong, I want you with me every second, but you deserve to go and have normal friends."

"But you're my normal friend." Maddie protested.

"Really? I'm your normal friend? Look at me, Maddie." Dabi pointed to himself. "I'm a villain living off what crime I do and what I steal. I'm fighting against a fucked up society that caused both of us to suffer, and I stopped caring about anyone but you because nobody else is worth that type of energy. Do I still seem normal now?"

"That's normal for me." Maddie admitted with a little shrug.

Dabi thought for a moment and smirked at her. "Is it that you're just afraid to make new friends?"

Maddie frowned and sighed. "A little..." She muttered. "Nobody ever seems to like me."

"That's because everyone's a fucking idiot, Maddie." Dabi shook his head and grabbed her shoulders. "Listen to me. You are an angel. You're so sweet and so cool. You're the most amazing person in this world. Anyone who doesn't like you doesn't deserve to live!"

Maddie blushed at him and giggled. "Dabi." She said through her laughter.

"I'm serious." Dabi told her, feeling down when thinking of her self worth issues.

"Yeah, I know." Maddie nodded with a smile.

Dabi grinned at her happy smile and rubbed her head. "You'll have a great time if you go. I guarantee it!"

"Okay..." Maddie muttered, grabbing a bag to pack. "But I'm not going to have as much fun there as I would with you."

"I'm going to be sitting here doing nothing all night, watching TV, eating ramen, and being gross and greasy." Dabi laid the truth on her. "You'd really have more fun doing that with me?"

"Yeah, I would." Maddie nodded without a moments hesitation.

Dabi's cheeks went red at her response and was rather moved by it. "You really love me, huh?" He asked, about to shed a bloody tear. It hadn't been too long since then both confessed their love and he wasn't exactly used to it yet.

"Of course I do." Maddie walked over to him and gave him a big hug. "I love you so much, Dabi-Kun."

"Heheh..." Dabi chuckled shyly. "I love you too, Kid."

"No matter who I meet, I promise you'll always be my very best friend." Maddie blushed and happily nuzzled him.

Dabi gave her a warm smile and hugged her in return. "And you'll forever be mine." He gently rubbed her head. "But I'm gone a lot during the week and I know you get lonely here by yourself sometimes. Would it hurt to have some friends to hang out with? So you won't be alone?" Maddie looked away with a little groan. He thought maybe he was getting to her, but obviously not. "Maddie, come on." He said with a frown.