chapter 5

Y/n slowly woke up but this time she was in her apartment. She swore everything that happened was real. Rindo must be here, he's just playing a prank.

"Rin? Are you here?" Y/n called out. No response.

Y/n  tried to get up but she fell to the floor, it couldn't be a dream, Rindo literally broke your legs. Just then a girl rushed into her apartment, looking shocked.

"Y/N! You can't be doing that! Your legs need to heal properly, you need to lay off on them." She muttered, struggling to put Y/n in the wheelchair.

"Rindo..he.. how..?" She rasped, barley conscious, she was so dizzy.

"Rindo? Like that Rindo Haitani from Bonten? What about him?" The girl had a very mellow voice that soothed Y/n.

She remained silent, surely this was one of those payed off friends Rindo got for her. But she started to study the lady, she didn't seem fake in the slightest. She was wearing a floral dress, hair up in a bun and had such a soft, beautiful face.
She started pulling the wheelchair towards the door, grabbing the keys, humming.

"If you don't mind Y/N we need to go to the store." She said with a grin on her face. The lady opened the door and started pushing the wheelchair to her car. She helped Y/n in the passenger seat then folded up her chair and set it in the trunk.
She started the car and drove out of the apartment complex, still humming.

"Who are you?" Y/n finally blurted, kind of embarrassed. The lady didn't even bat an eye. "I'm your caretaker! You've been out for a while and nobody came to pick you up from the hospital so I got hired to take care of you."
There was a short pause. "So what about Rindo Haitani? Did you see him? If yes then where?" She said looking a bit more stern. Y/n looked down, she didn't want to risk anything if this was just a set-up.

The lady finally pulled up to the grocery store, the lady helped Y/n out and pushed her into the store.
She took a quick glance at the grocery list, it was two pages long. She quietly groaned, knowing this is going to take forever.
An idea sparked, she turned her head a little so you could see the lady.

"Uhm, ma'am can I help? This seems like it's going to take forever."

The lady hesitantly nodded and handed her a page, Y/n quickly rolled away. When the lady wasn't looking, she zoomed out of the store, paddling faster than ever. She ended up in a tiny alleyway, a bit dark and cramped. As long as she were away from that lady (even though she was nice), Y/n felt eased.

She suddenly bumped into something, Y/n could barley see a thing in front of her since there was no lights in the dark alleyway

"Ow, what the hell was-"
The man didn't finish his sentence, she could only see his blazing eyes staring at her. It clicked who it was: Ran Haitani.
He whipped out his phone and grabbed a hold of the wheelchair so Y/n couldn't escape. He talked in a low voice, inaudible.
He hanged up and just started whistling, tapping his feet to it.

"Ran why did you-"

"We will answer all of your questions when you're finally back into the hideout.." He sighed. "..again."

A car pulled up right next to you two, Ran helped her into the car gently.

Damn nothing better than some déjà vu.