-17-

I slowly brush my finger across my lips as I stare at myself in the mirror, a wave of feelings crash into me at once.

Disbelief, astonishment, shock, amazement

I still can't believe we kissed, I twirl and shoot finger guns at myself in the mirror before taking a dance break having to get the excitement out of me somehow. In a lot of ways I still feel like that stupid freshman girl who had the biggest crush on a guy she'd never have, oh if she could only she me now.

I think I lik-
Nope we are not going there, we don't feel things.

I choose a simple long sleeved crop top and a simple skirt for today. I rarely dress this casual for school but I simply can't be bothered to give a fuck today.

☆ ☆ ☆

I begrudgingly take my seat in history, arguably the more boring class I've ever taken and will ever take. Honestly, it's not even correct 98% of the time. Honestly who the fuc-

"Hi is this seat taken?" A soft female voice draws me out of my hateful thoughts about history. "No, you can sit" I give her a warm smile so she feels less nervous.

"Thank you," she returns the smile. "I'm Veronica, Veronica Howells. I'm new" she holds her hand out for me to shake, I hesitantly shake her hand "Persephone Drakos"

"I like that name" I nod my head, why is she talking to me so much. "Want to be friends?" She beams

"No"

"Oh, okay. I'll try again tomorrow" she nods her head and smiles as if confirming she wants to continue prying her raptor claws into me to get me to submit to her friendship.

I have always wanted friends I won't lie, but it's simply not that easy for me. I don't trust easily, I try to keep my distance.

For a good reason, but maybe that reason is stupid. Something I conjured up to keep my heart from possible hurt. Not hurt or fear that they'll betray me but mainly that they'll also end up taking their lives to get away from me, hell if my own sister did to get away from me, why wouldn't they?

I cant help but groan in frustration at my thoughts, I turn my head to her trying to get a sense of her vibe, she seems harmless. And of course she smells fucking heavenly

I hate her
No I don't

"FUCK!" I yell, my thoughts frustrating me everyone's head snaps back to me, oh did I say out loud "Sorry" I give an awkward smile.

Fucking kill me now

☆ ☆ ☆

I walk into the cafeteria, scanning the tables for any sign of Sami or Kol, where are they? Suddenly someone puts their arm on my shoulders causing me to jump slightly

"Relax mìlo, it's just me" is his deep voice blesses my ears, instantly making me relax. "Give me a heads up next time Kol, you're going to give me a heart attack one of these days" Sighing in frustration. I was truthful in my words, I swear he's going to kill me one day.

"Let's go, Sami is sitting at one of the table outside" pulling me with him, I guess I didn't have a choice in the matter, not that I minded.

Exiting the school Samuel's rich laughter fills my ears, only to notice he's by himself, laughing. Is he a psychopath? "What's so funny Sami?" I ask curiosity getting the better of me "Oh no- OH EM GEE" he shrieks, noticing that Kol's arm is around my shoulders, okay ow my ears.