-28-

✮' 𝐊𝐨𝐥 '✮

" My love,

Come find me up in the stars, I'll be waiting

~ Your mìlo"

I stand here as if time has slowed around me. I can't stop reading her letter as every single memory of ours flashes through my mind.

The time I realized I love her repeating as if wanting to hurt me by throwing it in my face that I haven't even told her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She furrows her brows at me "You're just so beautiful mìlo" she throws her head back as her gorgeous laugh fills my ears.

I love her

Stuffing the letter into my pocket, I rush out of her room downstairs, nearly breaking my ankles from jumping half of them. I grab my keys in a hurry causing them to almost fall out of my hands thank god for football.

I won't give up so easily, I refuse. I have to hold on to any little sliver of hope. Until someone says she's dead I will believe that she's alive.

I cant lose hope, no, I won't lose hope of seeing her beautiful smile, hearing her laugh, feeling her warm embrace, walking in to see her cooking a new dish for me to try. When she makes me stop so she can pick flowers, forcing me to dance in the rain every single time it rains

I won't believe it.

I quickly call Samuel, asking him to check every place I can think of that she might go to. Avoiding the fact it's because I think she's killed herself. Meanwhile I head to the one place she only showed me, the place that holds significant meaning for both of us but mainly her. She's always been a sentimental person. Its a reason I love and admire her. Unlike me, she wants to remember those she loved who she's lost. I don't want to it's almost too painful.

I press the gas not wanting to waste anymore time "Please please please be okay" I whisper to myself, needing to hear it not just repeating it in my head

I need to tell her I love her, I have to. I don't care if she doesn't feel the same, as long as she's alive that's all I want. I just want her to be okay.

Knowing she's out there, alive and happy is enough for me. It'd satisfy me, even if I couldn't have her knowing my heart would always long for her.

I make it to the small meadow that overlooks the city, where we had our first kiss and danced in the rain.

A pained smile finds it was to my lips at the thought, she's truly something else.

I open my door, almost breaking it not bothering to close it. I Hesitantly walk through the brush, my heart pounding in my chest my stomach in knots my mind preparing me for what I might find.

Not knowing if she's even here only sends more panic through me, where would she be if not here? As I make my way into the clearing I look around, nothing

I look towards the city,

That's when I see her. Standing at the edge of the cliff. Her head tilted back facing the sky her tears evident under the moonlight as her hair sways in the gentle breeze.

Absolutely breathtaking.

"I told the stars about you" She says, catching me off guard. She must have felt my presence, or heard all the twigs break. "Every little detail I could think of, every time you smiled at me, kissed me or even just held my hand. I know our memories will stay in the stars forever." I don't say anything, wanting her to continue. She opens her eyes and turns her head to face me.

Please walk away from the ledge my mìlo, please.

"I really wanted it to end Kol, you know?" She lets out a pained laugh "Having to relive the worst day of my life like it's on a nonstop loop only taunting me, telling me it will never end, that I'll truly never escape him, it's hell on earth." she pauses, taking a deep breath to calm herself

"I cant fucking do it Kol!" She screams at me "I can't fucking it do and I hate you for it!" A pain shoots through my heart at her words.

That's okay, she can hate me, as long as she lives.

"I hate you because I fucking love you so much that I can't go through with it!" She groans, my heart jumps at her words, she loves me? Her love for me is why? She walks away from the cliff, her sobs echoing throughout the empty meadow, please don't cry mìlo

"I can't put you through the pain I felt when I lost Penelope but most importantly I don't even want to die! Your dumbass makes me want to live so much that I feel guilty for any bad thought that enters my head!" she screams as she begins wiping her tears

"I love you" I finally speak up, walking closer. My words causing her to whip her head around "what?" She furrows her eyebrows as she turns her whole body towards me searching my face for something, trying to see if I'm lying.

"I love you" I say louder "Fuck, Persephone I love you so damn much it hurts to see you like this!" I feel sudden tears run down my cheeks. I don't care if she sees me cry anymore, I will do whatever to make sure she stays. Finally letting down any walls that have kept her from seeing me

"It hurts so much to see you like this, I want to take away all your pain. Let me help you." I beg, I'd get down on my knees and beg her if that's what it took.

"Say it again" her voice breathless like all the air around her disappeared "I love you mìlo, and I'll fucking say it a million times if you need me to just please, don't leave me" my voice breaking at the end.

She can't leave me, she just can't. She came crashing into my life almost literally and now I don't want her to leave, ever.

She begins walking towards me, slowly. A smile appearing on her lips, causing a smile to be placed on my lips. "You love me?" She questions as she now stands right in front of me, I can't help but reach to touch her cheek, wanting to know she's actually here and this isn't a figment of my imagination. She places her hand on top of mine and leans into my touch. I nod "So damn much, you have no idea. You brighten my life in a way I didn't know I needed" I try to blink away my tears unsuccessfully.

She gently wipes my tears away, causing my heart to fill. I want her forever, however long that forever might be. "So you love me?" I ask teasingly, just wanting to hear her say the words again. "I love you, Kol Stevens" I place both my hands on the sides of her face, leaning down to kiss her

Every kiss seemingly getting better than the first, this time the kiss holds everything, all the pain, sorrow, love and trust. No walls, she's broken all my walls

I break away from the kiss as I can tell she needs air, I look down at her, love swirling in her gorgeous eyes.

"Want to watch the stars my love?"

☆ ☆ ☆

A/N: see y'all love me, I could never kill Persephone, in a lot of ways this character is me. Every significance or thoughts of stars is my own true beliefs. I love her too much to do dat to her </3

Should I write this scene in her POV next ?