-27-

✮' 𝓟𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓹𝓱𝓸𝓷𝓮 '✮

"Get off me!" I scream as each punch connects with my face, over and over like a never ending personal hell. Kicking and pushing him is useless "I will find you" he spits, throwing me on the floor

He gets up, his footsteps fading. This is it. This is my chance, I get up running as I turn the corner only to bump into someone. Stepping back I look up and it's him. "No no no please" I beg and plead, knowing they'll land on deaf ears. He pulls his arm back before going to hit me again, this time with the whip

no no no no

"You're worthless" he seethes, hitting me again and again each lash more painful than the last. The anger in his voice, on his face etched itself into every part of my brain.

no no no stop please STOP.

"PERSEPHONE!" Someone screams causing me to jump awake, only to find myself sweating and hyperventilating, tears covering my cheeks. I look around the room frantically searching for whoever said my name while trying to blink away the tears, "Persephone it's okay, you're safe" his voice calls out again, I snap my head in the direction it came from

It's Kol, he looks so worried, I seem to make him worried a lot recently.

Tears begging building in my eyes again, only they're happy tears.

He's here, he's always here proving time and time again he's not going anywhere.

It's been a few weeks since I've been discharged from the hospital. My nightmares weren't so bad at first, nor so vivid. I think the change of environment threw me off.

Recently they've been worse, reoccurring, sometimes so bad it even felt like he was hitting me again. I have attributed most of it to the upcoming trial.

Samuels dad has great connections, he pulled every string he could so we don't have to wait too long. Although I've been preparing I'm afraid to face him again, like he'll lunge for me to beat me again and nobody will help, they'll just sit by and watch.

I rush out of bed, wanting to be in the safety of his arms. When he holds me it's like I'm safe, I'm untouchable. It's an intoxicating feeling. I jump in his arms, instantly catching me.

"You're safe baby" he soothes, rubbing my back as he walks us back to my bed, letting me silently sob in his shoulder. I really hope I don't get snot on his shirt. "I-It felt so real Kol. Like I w-was back there an-" I try my hardest to compose myself but like always it simply doesn't work. Kol gently lays me back in bed before sitting on the edge. Rubbing small circles on my leg soothingly. Just how I like.

I don't want him to leave, my nightmares always disappear when he's near. Like he's the perfect remedy, hell even his smell is enough to make my problems disappear as if they were never there to begin with. I know it's not healthy, that's why I've been trying to keep my distance.

But I crave him, in everything I do and everywhere I go.

"S-Stay with me?" I ask timidly, hoping he'll say yes. He always says yes but I can't shake the overwhelming worry I feel that he'll say no, that he will get tired of helping me finding it an unnecessary burden.