Chapter 11

Izuku POV:

I kept thinking back to how Izumi acted when she appeared, she never mentioned her last name. For someone who when we were kids always claimed she cared about her family above everything else, it felt odd 'what could have changed her mind?'. I hear the bell ring signaling that the gen ed test was about to start. I slowly walked over to the building, my mind drifted back to how Izumi acted, 'maybe they forgot about her as well'. I started to mumble about possible reasons for why she didn't say her last name. 'Maybe I'm just overthinking things, maybe she just prefers to be called Izumi, maybe she was hid-'.

THUD

I walked into a wall.

I rubbed my forehead and walked through the door and entered the hall where the gen ed test was taking place. I looked around and there were a lot fewer people in this test compared to the amount of people who entered for the hero course. I saw someone whose purple hair defied the law of gravity and looked like he hadn't slept in the past 4 years. I sat down in the seat that I was assigned to and started to get my pens out. A spotlight flashed onto the stage and I looked down to the person it was shining on. He looked like he didn't care where he was, he had his short black hair all over the place like a crazy person.

???: "All right you brats, the rules for this exam is that 1, no talking and 2, do not open the paper before the time has started. You will have 3 hours to complete this exam."

I wasn't sure if he was trying to be funny by calling us brats but I didn't want to test it out. Pretty soon the exams were being handed out and I started to rack my brain going over everything that Stiles and school had taught me.

???: "ok start your exams."

I opened my paper and looked through the test, the start was Japanese, followed by science and then maths. I breezed through the maths and science since I learnt them at the temple and then worked my way through the Japanese section of the paper. I went through and triple checked and I ended up finishing in 30 minutes.

I walked down to hand the paper in, I could hear people whispering about how there was no chance I was done already. I handed it in to the person at the front, when the man received the exam paper he scoffed at me then placed it on a table.

???: "go take a seat in the waiting area"

He pointed to a door, and I entered the room. It was a plain room with large windows and rows of seats. I sat there for what felt like hours until someone else entered the waiting room. It was the boy who I noticed earlier, I had a better look at him, his eyes had giant bags underneath them and he was slouching over, he had a bored look on his face and his purple hair once again defied gravity, I remembered back to what Stiles said earlier about me being anti-social and decided to try to make friend outside of Stiles.

Izuku: "hey, nice to meet you"

I received only a grunt in response

Izuku: "My name is Izuku Kenobi. What's yours?"

???: "Hitoshi Shinso."

Izuku: "My quirk is telekinesis, what's yours?"

It was evident that I had struck a nerve.

Shinso: "If you're trying to be my friend stop it now, I'm not here to make friends."

Izuku: "You may not be here to make friends, but friends can help you along the way."

Shinso: "All friends do is betray you as soon as they learn that you have a villainess quirk, one day they act as if they will stand by you until the ends of the earth and the next they're willing to beat you until you break, all because of something that's out of your control. I'm here to show the world that someone with a villainess quirk can still be a hero."

Izuku: "Then why didn't you try out for the hero course?"

Shinso: "What? Did you see what the exam for the hero course is? My quirk is a mental quirk, I would have no chance of making it into the hero course straight away, I'm trying to transfer over."

I remained silent thinking about what he had said that

Shinso: "Someone with a quirk like yours has no idea what people like me have to go through."

These words pissed me off, he claimed that it was unfair that he was judged because of his quirk then judged me because of mine.

Izuku: "I may not know what it's like to be villainised because of my quirk but I know how it feels to be abandoned because of my quirk, my parents ignored me because my sister's quirk was more powerful than mine. They abandoned me and then I was adopted, but then MY ADOPTED FAMILY WAS MURDERED IN FRONT OF ME AND I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING, EVERY TIME I CLOSE MY EYES I CAN STILL HEAR THEIR SCREAMS, AND WORSE OF ALL THEY WERE KILLED BY SOMEONE I CONSIDERED A BROTHER. And then I was adopted again, and my new brother is quirkless. Everyday when he gets home from school he's covered in bruises and he refuses to tell me who does it, so I can't stop them from hurting him. But even after getting beat up everyday, even after being told that since he's quirkless he will never equate to anything, he still tries everything he can to become a hero. Right now he is taking that same exam that you said was impossible to complete with a mental quirk, without one. So say what you want but never say that I don't know what it's like."

I didn't even realise that I had shouted. I quickly regain my composure

Izuku: "Sorry about that, I didn't mean to yell."

Shinso: "no no it's ok, I'm sorry for what happened to you."

Izuku: "it's fine"

Shinso seemed a bit more open to talking after that. We talked until the rest of the examinees flooded the waiting room. The man who looked after the exam came back out and dismissed everyone.

I left the waiting room and walked down to the main gate and waited for Stiles to get back from his practical exam. Luckily I didn't have to wait for long, after about 5 minutes the bus carrying Stiles pulled into the school. Stiles ran up to me and grabbed my shoulders.

Stiles: "IZUKU, I need to tell you something

Izuku: "What?"

Stiles: "I've got a new lead on Eri."

Word Count: 1177

.idej si drow yek eht dna rehpic erenegiv a era sdrow egnarts eht .si ti tahw yas ll'I os retpahc tsal egassem eht ym desufnoc tib a erew elpoep taht deciton I ,etadpu etal eht rof yrros m'I