Chapter 6

"I'm sorry" Willlia said in a casual tone.

Elvira accepted her apology and said that they shouldn't start a fight among themselves because they had came there to fight for a single reason and though their thoughts may differ, it was  important not to let it break the essence of Teamwork.

Elfred agreed with her. They all remained silent for sometime, then Elfred asked Elvira to share her story, he wanted to know how she came to be one of the few selected by Mr. Miller. So she narrated her story to them of how some cruel men murdered her dear brother and she has started the search for the murderers which led her to Mr. Miller. Though she didn't tell them about her powers or how she got them.

She got emotional from remembering all those dreaded memories. Elfred patted her on the back as a sign of his support.

"What about you?" She asked Elfred. Elfred was at first reluctant to share his story but after being asked many times, he finally gave in. He said in a serious tone which had a hint of sadness in it "Well..I belong to this village. As long as I have known this place I can surely tell that it used to be a happy place until the Troupe showed up. I used to spend time with my friends, the neighbours were no less than family. They were peasants and my father had a trading business. Everyone was happy with their lives until it all came to an end when one day, we heard a gunshot from our neighbour's house. It was raining heavily and the sound of lightning was all that filled the ears but even then we heard that sound loud and clear. My father was afraid, we all were but my father was brave. Our neighbours didn't own a gun, we knew that. Then we heard their screams. My father went to check on them with a gun in his hand, leaving me and my mother alone in the house. She was holding me tightly in her arms, fear was apparent on her face. Then we heard another gunshot. We were terrified.

My mother suspected the worst and asked me to hide under the bed quickly, I did. I didn't know who was firing the gun, was it my father or someone else.

Then I saw the Troupe enter my house, they were five members then. My father  was bleeding from the leg, he was shot.
They had dragged him by his collar. My parents pleaded to spare their lives but it all went to deaf ears. They shot my parents dead and I was the witness. They left and so, I managed to survive.

My lips trembled and I wanted to scream but found myself unable to do so. I was crying silently and shivering with fear. I couldn't help my parents, I couldn't protect them and I regret not being able to do that. I wish I had enough courage to face them that day. I wish I was as bold and brave as my father was. My neighbours were killed that day too.

I went to my aunt's to live and since that day, the desire to have revenge on the Troupe is the only thing I seek". Elfred's eyes were filled with tears from remembering all this. Elvira consoled and him gave him her condolences. "I am really sorry for your loss. Now, I regret asking you since it triggered so many bad memories. I had never thought that you had a tragic past like that but I promise, we will get your revenge. We will fight them and win."

Elfred wiped his tears and was about to ask Willia about her past but before he could even say something, Willia got up and walked to her room.
Elvira and Elfred were confused by her behaviour but Elvira reasoned that maybe she didn't want to share about herself. Both of them acknowledged that Willia was really reserved.

Willia went to her room and locked the door behind her. She lied on her, trying to catch some sleep wasn't able to. She was thinking hard about something. Then she called someone and explained about the day. She said that she had not shared anything important with Elvira or Elfred and that they didn't know anything about their plan or about her. She added that if they hurry things up, their plan will be successful.

After saying goodnight to Elfred, Elvira went to her room which was just beside Willia's. As she was about to enter her room, she overheard Willia talking to someone and laughing.

Elvira overheard her talking to someone about that day's incident and congratulating someone for their good work.

Elvira couldn't believe what she heard. The gruesome incident that had took place wasn't something to be laughing about and what was she congratulating someone for? Overhearing Willia made Elvira ask herself whether she was really a friend or not.