Chapter 10

It was a long journey to Tinpole and Elvira had to complete this journey and its purpose all alone.

Without even spending any time to eat or drink, Elvira rode past the small villages that lied in between Ilsiome and Tinpole.

After riding continuosly for hours she began to realise the after effects of her actions. Her body was tired and she was losing consciousness. But it was too late. Her horse began to trot. She had completely forgotten about the suffering of the poor animal; both of them needed to take some rest.

She could make it to a big lake in a nearby village. The water was clean and while her horse was drinking water, she could tell that the water was refreshing.

Her body moved towards the lake but the exhaustion took its toll as she lost balance and fell on the ground, unconscious. Her body lied there for hours before being rescued by some women who happened to be passing by. 

They panicked to see her in that state and rushed to help. They checked her body to ensure that she wasn't hurt anywhere and were relieved to not find any severe injury.

They carried her to a cottage and asked some men to take care of the horse until the girl gains consciousness.

An elderly woman sprinkled water on Elvira to wake her up and to her relief, it worked. Soon she opened her eyes, confused to find so many people surrounding her.

She tried to get off the bed but couldn't stand up straight. The same woman asked her to take some rest in their little cottage until she was strong enough to move around.

Another women came to her with food and water. Elvira was delighted. After having the fine meal she felt energetic again and thanked them for their kindness.

Suddenly some young men entered the cottage and asked the women about Elvira. One man came near her. He was tall and dusky and had black hair. His jaw was sharp and eyes were black and mesmerizing.

'He looks handsome' this was the first thought that came to Elvira's mind on first sight. She developed a little crush for him.

He asked her to tell them about herself. Elvira cleared her head from the thoughts and told them about herself without revealing about her journey or powers.

"Well, alright." he said after listening to her and then went to have some serious conversation with the other villagers.

His name was Arson, Elvira could know that by listening to their conversation. They were speaking about her, whether she was good enough to stay in the village.
While they spoke, Elvira thought deeply about her own motives and her reason for this journey. She was sure that if she stays here for long then she will fall in love with Arson.

Something that she wants and doesn't at the same time. She was afraid that even if she falls in love with Arson, will he ever love her? What about her motives, death of her brother and the villagers?

After sometime in deep thoughts, she could finally draw a conclusion. She decided to leave, for her motives, to complete this journey. She was sure that if not Arson, then someone else will walk into her life and convinced herself that it wasn't love that she was feeling for Arson and those feelings will end up in the back of her mind after some days. She had to move on and accept the truth that her life wasn't the same as others.

But that was something she wished she had, a normal and simple life. She was a young girl like many others and like them she desired love as well, but it seemed that it wasn't meant for her.