Chapter 32

Elvira woke up after a good night's sleep. Though she was not completely healed, thanks to the medications she found in the mansion, her wounds were healing quickly than they would have otherwise.

Lilian was still asleep but her mother was up and about, preparing breakfast. She was a hard working lady, trying her best to give Lilian a better life.

She had been really kind to Elvira and had ensured that she doesn't have any discomfort during her stay but all the same Elvira couldn't help but feel like a burden to her. She felt she shouldn't stay there any longer. Now that she was almost healed, she was strong enough to travel to Ilsiome but she needed to make some preparations before she left.

"Good morning" Elvira greeted her.
"Good morning. How are your wounds? Feeling any better?" She asked.
"Yes, thanks to your care."

Elvira stood there staring at her, lost in her own thoughts.
"What's the matter?"
Elvira was startled.
"Oh..well could you tell me about the nearest village?"
"The nearest village would be Tinpole." She answered.
"How far would it be from here?"
"Well.. It would take you about a day to reach there on foot."
"Do you think I would make it if I start now?"
"You certainly would, but" she smiled "I won't allow you to go anywhere without having breakfast first." She said it as if she was really close to this guest of hers.
Elvira felt her compassion for others and smiled at her kindness. 

She went outside to feel the breeze on her skin. She had hoped for some other village to be nearer because Tinpole would be an unsafe place for her at that moment. She could imagine the villagers looking for her after knowing about the murder of Ekom. If she was to be found out by the villagers then who knows what they might decide to do to her.

But given the circumstances, she had to be extra careful not to let her guard down and avoid getting in contact with anyone else other than the people she needs to.

While she was ruminating Lilian's mother called her to have breakfast. Elvira entered the house to be greeted by a still half asleep Lilian. Elvira smiled and greeted her.

She found her adorable .

She thanked them and bid them goodbye after having breakfast, leaving behind Lilian, almost in tears.

Elvira was fit enough to walk and run and though she wanted to hurriedly reach Tinpole she knew it would be best to take it slow.

Earlier in the morning, she had asked Lilian's mother for the directions and was hoping to reach Tinpole after sunset.

She continued to walk at a slow pace, ensuring not to overdo her healing body.

She was right. Almost at sunset, she reached the main market of the village, bustling with people.

She spend some time looking around for a place that could lend her a horse. After spending almost two hours in different lanes and alleys, she was finally able to reach a place which could do just what she needed.

She entered the building and stared at the stable behind it from one of the windows. The seller sure knew his customers well and judging from Elvira's expression, he approached her.

He was an amiable person of tall stature and a good physique. He had a warm tone as he approached her with the intention to sell his horse.

"Your expression tells me that you are fascinated with horses. Would you like to buy one?"
"I would like you to lend me one for some time. Do you think you could do that?"
The seller thought for a while and after negotiating the amount with her, happily agreed.

He asked her to wait for a while as he brings a contract before lending a horse to her. He wanted to maintain records of the loan, afterall Elvira was going to take the horse with her for a long time and would have to pay a hefty price at the end. It was important for him to keep records of big transactions like this one.

He asked her to choose a horse from the few horses which he was willing to lend her. Elvira consulted him about the best horse for her needs and chosed a white one.

She payed him some money and then rode the horse out of the village. She couldn't waste any more of her time or her money by paying to live in an inn for the night and so, decided to take some rest in middle of her journey. She was following the map that she had obtained from Mr. Miller and rode the horse in the moonlit night.