Chapter 7

Elvira woke up early in the morning thinking about what she heard last night. She had a feeling that Willia was hiding something important from them and she wanted to know what it was. She had to find out who was she talking to last night and was the plan she and Elfred are unaware of. She thought to confront Willia and ask her directly about it after all, trust is the very essence of teamwork.

She knocked on Willia's room but there was no response from inside. Elfred was coming her way and seeing her knock on Willia's door, informed her that she had gone out. Elvira asked him where she had gone but he didn't know either since Willia didn't tell him when he asked. This made Elvira suspicious of her actual motives.

She was about to tell Elfred everything that she had heard Willia speaking about last night but refrained herself from doing so. She didn't trust Elfred either and thought that it may have been possible that he was working alongside Willia too. Maybe he was just putting up a good man face to gather information from her and use it for their own benefits. After all that's what Willia seems to have done. But it was way too soon to deduce who was a traitor.

She decided to go and search for Willia in the union building and the market area. Even though Elfred wanted to accompany her, she told him that she wanted to go alone and that it would be better if he stay in the cottage. Elfred han no choice but to agree to her.

She reached the market area and searched for Willia everywhere but could not find her. She also asked the shop owners, but no one had any clue about Willia's whereabouts.

Then she went to the Union building, which was being cleaned and repaired. She couldn't find her there either.

Then, Elvira couldn't help but think of Willia in the Troupe's hideout. It was the last place she suspected her to be. She hated to think that Willia might work for the Troupe and they were the people she was talking to last night, but if it was all true then she would have to do something to stop her.

She reconsidered her motives before going there. She was afraid that her actions may lead the village to suffer another massacre of innocents. Butit was all for the greater good, she had to stop the Troupe before they do something to harm her and the villagers.

She rented a horse and rode to their hideout. Luckily, she was able to get there faster this time around and even entered the building and went to a room where the Troupe members seemed to be holding a discussion.

She was hiding behind a pillar and hadn't been detected yet. There were 9 members present in the room. But then  she saw someone enter, it was Willia. She gave them information about Elvira abd Elfred and they began to discuss their plans to kill both of them. Elvira was right. She lost her trust in Willia. It was just as she had suspected. Willia  was actually a member of the Troupe. But she could also be sure now that Elfred wasn't one among them.

Suddenly she felt a hand over her shoulder. She thought that she had been discovered and turned back quickly to attack but to her surprise, it was Elfred. She was relieved to see him. He signed her to keep quiet and so she did.
Elfred had listened the plan of the Troupe. He whispered to Elvira to get out of there. Before leaving, Elvira wrote something on a paper and left it there for the Troupe. One member saw them getting out and immediately informed everyone else.
Willia was shocked to find them there. She hadn't expected them to find out about her. The one who had left the note in the Union building the other day, ran towards Elfred with a knife. Elvira moved forward to save Elfred from the attacker and used her power to push the attacker away.

Elvira ran with Elfred, holding him by his hands.The Troupe members chased them but both Elfred and Elvira were lucky to climb down the hill and get back to their horses in time and safely rode back to the village.

The Troupe members were unable to catch them and so returned to their hideout. Willia found the note that Elvira had left for them and she read it loudly for all members to hear. It read "You broke our trust in you Willia. It seems you knew everything about the killings that took place in the village yesterday and yet did nothing to save them. It will be a whole lot easier for us to punish you and your friends now. You left us with no choice so be prepared to die."