Chapter 9

After defeating and getting rid of the Troupe Elvira and Elfred had completed the mission assigned to them and it was time for them to part their ways. Elvira had to go back to Mr. Miller and get the map to Tinpole as she still had to find the murderers and punish them. All that was left now was to find the three people Mr. Shim had told her about since they weren't out of her suspicion either.

Before leaving Etiome, Elvira bid goodbye to Elfred and both promised to help each other out in times of difficulty.

Elfred had to stay in the village and ensure that the traders Union and the villagers could live in peace and be out of any danger.

Elvira rode a horse to Mr.Miller's shop, which was a little distance away from Ilsiome and spotted him right away.

He was quick to identify her and with utmost anxiety asked her if she was alright and if there was any problem in the village.

Elvira provided him with the latest information from the village and assured him that everything was alright. He was horrified to know about the massacre and Willia's assistance in it. He was sad because Willia had broken his trust and caused so much trouble for Elfred and Elvira.

He informed Elvira that he wasn't even aware of Willia's connection with the troupe and that he was approached by her. He was relieved that everything had now been settled and that the Troupe was defeated, all because of the help from Elvira and Elfred. He thanked her and gave her the map, just as he had promised. He also assured her that he would be more than willing to help if she ever need it.

Elvira rode to Ilsiome but was met by a horrific sight when she reached there. The village was almost unrecognisable. The houses were burnt to the ground and many people were dead. She found herself surrounded with cries of the people which horrified her.

Elvira rode straight to Mr. Shim. She had to know what had happened in the village while she was away.

When she reached his house, she found him crying, his house and restaurant were burnt and she got to know it from him that his son was killed.

Elvira showed her sympathy for him and gave him her condolences. She was about to leave without asking him anything because she deemed the time to be inappropriate. But Mr. Shim stopped her. He wiped his tears and told her about all the incidents that had happened after she went away and about the people who had committed these murders. He narrated everything to her because he seeked revenge from them and he needed Elvira's aid to achieve it.

"They were the same people who had taken Aden with them. They came here the day before yesterday, riding horses, carrying firearms. They looted our homes but were still not satisfied. When we had nothing more to offer, they beat the people and killed them. They are so ruthless that they didn't hesitate from killing my only son right in front of me."
Mr. Shim told her with pain in his voice.

He asked for her help. "Kill them for us, would you? Everything will be alright then and it will be to avenge the villagers." He pleaded.

His request seemed justified, Elvira had to punish them for their crimes. Even if she wasn't sure that they had killed Aden, she was sure that they do know what had happened to him that day.

They had now committed a henious crime by ruthlessly killing so many people and it made Elvira even more suspicious of them. If they were as ruthless as Mr. Shim said then, it wouldn't be impossible for them to kill Aden.

She promised Mr. Shim that she would avenge the people of her village and left in a hurry to catch up to them.

Mr. Shim's behaviour was abnormal and it was strange that it was mostly the rich who had been killed. Elvira seemed to be still unaware of it but something was certainly not right. Was Mr. Shim actually speaking the truth?