(Legolas x Reader) Teach Me How To Use A Bow?

(You are accustomed to your new life in Mirkwood yet you still strive to learn new things. So it wouldn't hurt to learn how to fight like an elf.)
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•
Request for 1Mando !! Thank u :)
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

You were becoming more familiar with Mirkwood. It was becoming your home.

You often forgot about your past life: abandoned by your elven parents, leaving you to travel through Middle Earth knowing little than how to wield a sword. Over time, your travels taught you more of other races too. But you had not come across your own. Not until you had stumbled into Mirkwood after fleeing a horde of orcs. You were wounded and tired, passing out by a tree. The next time your eyes opened, you were staring into the face of another. He looked so similar to you. And so did the healer who tended to your wounds. Their pointed ears. Their long straight hair. The aura around them seemed to connect with your own.

"(Y/n)!" You looked up from the book you were reading by the forest tree, only to see a farmiliar face. It was the same one you had first looked upon when you had arrived here.

You smiled. "Legolas."

"Reading again, I see." He said with a smile as he walked to fall down onto the ground beside you, his back supported by the tree.

"Of course." You replied, turning your eyes back to your book. You had another three lines before you could mark the page for a new chapter.

"It will never cease to fascinate me how one so fierce and energetic can find such peace, not moving for hours." His voice was soft and sweet as he arched his neck to look up into the clear sky.

"I have to find some calm somewhere, or all of my "fierce and energetic" tendencies might just make me explode." Your eyes were scanning the last line now.

Legolas let out a soft chuckle as he closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. You both often enjoyed this, just sitting by each other, enjoying one another's company. Legolas was enjoying the soft harmonies of the birds when a sudden thud made him jump out of his haze.

"Finished." You sounded, the book now closed shut. Your eyes shot to his. "Now, what shall we do?"

A smirk formed on Legolas' face. "And the fire is back." He mused.

You stood suddenly, reaching your hand out for him too take it, a smile still on his face. "Damn right it is. Come, let's go do something fun. I'm thinking something new." Legolas' smile just grew wider at the adventurous glint in your eyes. He would never forget the day he had found you unconscious on the forest ground, bringing you back to Mirkwood, showing you that there were more elves like you, a whole Kingdom of them. But your need for travel and adventure had never ceased.

Legolas took your hand as you hauled him up. "What were you thinking?"

You scrunched your lips for a second, scanning around until you noticed the arrows perced on Legolas' back. Your brows creased. "Why are you armed?"

"I've just come back from patrol." He replied.

A grin formed on your face. "Perfect." His eyebrows rose in question. "Teach me how to use a bow?"

His brows grew a little higher and amusement gripped his face. "Is a sword not enough for you, (Y/n)?"

"You know it isn't. Well it is." You grinned. "But besides, I'm more accustomed to the way of elves now, I may as well see what all the fuss over your bows and arrows are about."

"You are an elf too you know." He said.

"I know." You smiled. "But you're still all a little funny to me." He let out a small chuckle as you led him to the archery range. His soft laugh always ignited something within you. You were different to the elves of Mirkwood. Of course you were. You had grown up without the guidance of any race, never mind your own. Legolas knew that, and it's what drew him to you. You were like an entire other world beyond the borders of the Woodland Realm.

The archery range was empty, it wasn't surprising as sundown was beginning.

"Are you sure you want to practise now? Nightfall will be here soon." Legolas asked as he passed you the bow.

"You know I do, otherwise you wouldn't be handing me the bow." You smirked. "And if you're going to learn anything new, it may as well be a challenge." Nodding with a smile he placed the bow in your hands and showed you how to position your feet.

Before you knew it, you were aiming at the target but you couldn't quite figure out how to position your bow to make an accurate shot. "How do I-"

"Here, like this." Legolas said. He stood behind you, placing his arms over you to aim the bow at the target. "Follow the line of the arrow and line it up with the target." His arms brushed past yours again as he pulled back the bow with your own arm. You shivered at his touch. It was comforting to have him beside you, just like your moments of companionship in the silence of the forest. You released your bow and it struck the target.

"Not bad." He smiled. "Especially for a first shot."

"I have a good teacher." You smiled before suddenly blushing when he gazed at you. Shaking his head he focused his attention back on the target. "Now, try again, on your own this time."

You nodded, arching back your arm, aiming, and firing. The arrow hit very close to the centre, practically beside it. Drawing another arrow, you made the ultimate shot, the end piercing through the red centre of the target. A large smile gripped your face.

"Well done, (Y/n)! I think you may need to reconsider your attachment to your sword. You're clearly a natural with a bow."

You raised a finger with a mischievous smile. "Watch your tongue, Legolas Greenleaf. Don't think you'll get me to convert that easily." He rolled his eyes and let out a laugh. Night had practically fallen now and the stars replaced the clear day time sky. You looked up, admiring the glistening lights. "I think I'll stay out a little bit longer, watch the stars."

You noticed Legolas hesitate. "Would you mind if-if I joined you?"

Your eyes lit up and it made his heart warm. "I would love it."