The Noble House of Black

Sirius always looked after Regulus.

He would take the beatings when Regulus wore boys clothes.

Take the blame, saying he told Regulus to do it.

He would shout at their mother when she used Regulus's dead name.

Sirius and Kreacher the house elf, were the only ones in Grimmauld Place who would look after and defend Regulus.

"Lyra!" Walburga shouted up the stairs.

"HIS NAME IS REGULUS!" Sirius shouted from his room.

Regulus hated the arguments.

He sat and cried as his mother cursed Sirius for being a good big brother. Beat him for supporting Regulus's transition.

Regulus walked into Sirius's room with red eyes and looked at his big brother.

"I want to look like a boy" Regulus said, his voice determined and face stone cold serious. Sirius smiled and pulled Regulus to sit on his bed. "Come on Reg, say it with me, Fuck Toujours Pur" Sirius said. Regulus laughed and repeated after his brother. "Atta boy" Sirius said.

"Now then, let's get this hair off shall we?" Sirius said. A gleam of joy shimmered in Regulus's eyes when Sirius grabbed a pair of scissors. "We'll do it the muggle way, so it's more satisfying and more likely to anger mother". Regulus smiled and allowed Sirius to chop off his hair.

Regulus had long dark brown hair, that fell just above his waist. That soon became his shoulders as Sirius chopped more and more off.

"Hey, Reg, how short do you want it, like mine?" Sirius asked taking a break to tie his own hair into a messy bun and stuck his wand in it to keep the bun in place.

Regulus shook his head. "Your hair is too long" Regulus said, "Do to me, what mother wishes you for yourself". Sirius beamed proudly. "She will have to start using your name then, we can even use spells to give you male body parts if you wish, last year, Remus found a gender bending spell, it turned all the boys into girls and vice versa, I could use a lock enchantment, also found by Remus, to lock the spell in place so not even a curse can undo it" Sirius said with a big smile.

"Im starting Hogwarts tomorrow, I want to be a boy before then" Regulus said firmly. Sirius's big smile got even larger and he lay a hand on his little brothers shoulder. "Oh Reg, you already are a boy".

"How will you tell mother you're a demi-boy?" Regulus asked looking up at Sirius. "Don't think I will to be honest, makes no difference really, she'll just beat me even more" Sirius said as a loud snip echoed throughout the older brothers bedroom. "My name on the Hogwarts letter, it said Regulus" Regulus said with a hidden joy, "Mother didn't like it, but I did".

Sirius smiled at his brother and set the scissors down. "Well Reggie, take a look". Sirius handed Regulus a mirror and a large smile spread on Regulus's face. "I love it, thank you Sirius" Regulus said he threw his arms around his brother happily.

"Shall we do that spell then?" Sirius asked. Regulus shook his head, "You're not of age Sirius, you aren't allowed to do magic outside of school". Regulus looked at his brother with scared eyes. a smirk spread on Sirius's face. "Well, we'll do it in school then, on the train, magics allowed there, and Remus will be there, that clever clogs can do half the spells Flitwick can do and he's in my year" Sirius gushed.

The younger black rolled his eyes. Sirius spoke of Remus and James constantly all summer, nobody else ever came up when Sirius was excited. As if they were gods. It had made Regulus wonder if he ever thought of him whilst he was at school. Did his brother ever spare him a thought whilst he was causing trouble as they had had letters after letters of Sirius's bad behaviour and his record breaking of the most detentions in a term.