Astronomy

Regulus sat staring up at the stars. His friends were in detention for messing up a potion and it exploding half the classroom.

So there he was. In the Astronomy Tower.

Searching for his family in the stars.

He found Sirius, a sad smile made its way to the young boys face. He didn't like the way his parents treated Sirius, but sometimes Sirius deserved it, he would purposely be offensive towards his parents and family, to distract them from Regulus reading books about gays, books about muggles, anything and everything their parents hated.

"Hey there little Lyra, whats wrong? come here, I'll make it better" Sirius said as seven year old Regulus weeped into the book he was holding. "I wanna be called Regulus" He said. Sirius sat down and held his hand, "So, you're a boy now?" Sirius asked curiously. Regulus nodded, "Mother and Father will hate me if they find out" Regulus cried. Sirius pulled Regulus into a hug. "It's okay Reggie, I'll look after you, nobody is going to hurt you as long as I'm here" Sirius said with a comforting smile.

Sirius always kept his promise. Never once, did he let anyone hurt Regulus. He even witnessed a murder, thinking that Regulus was hurt.

Suddenly he felt someone sit beside him. It was James.

"Hi baby Black" James said cheerfully.

"What are you doing here?".

James shrugged, "Bored, wanted to watch the sky".

A loud boom came from the stairwell and Peter came running. "James! James! Snivellous is threatening Mary!" Peter said, "Sirius is holding Remus back but its getting harder the more Remus gets worked up".

James stood up, he saluted to Regulus and ran off with Peter.

Leaving Regulus alone once more.

Once again, Regulus's eyes drifted to the starry sky. He found his own star and smiled, "Hello me".

Then he went from star to star, scowling at some of his relatives stars.

He lifted his wand and made stars of his own, they surrounded him and he let out a breath. He remembers Sirius could do it, without his wand. Whenever Regulus was sad, Sirius would pull a blanket over their heads and conjured beautiful sparkling stars.

The familiar feeling of comfort wrapped around Regulus like the blankets Sirius would cover him in when he was sick.

"I wish you were with me Sirius, you'd make it better" Regulus thought to himself as he curled into a ball.

A warm hand on his shoulder made Regulus look up from his ball of comfort. "Mr Black, I suppose you like the stars, but it's nearly curfew". Remus was stood next to Professor McGonagall who was speaking. Regulus sighed and looked to Remus who was staring at the floor in embarrassment.

"Come now, Mr Lupin won't bite, well he might if provoked" McGonagall joked. Remus lifted his head looking scared, sick and ashamed. "Relax Mr Lupin, I was making a joke" McGonagall said. Remus still looked uncomfortable with the joke the deputy had made.

Regulus smiled at Remus gently before standing up. "Professor, it's highly obvious that Remus is highly uncomfortable and very affected by subject of the joke you have just made, please refrain from joking about the subject" Regulus said politely. McGonagall lifted an eyebrow and looked at Remus. "I apologise Mr Lupin, it was wrong for me to joke about such a sensitive matter" McGonagall said before turning to Regulus.

"Let's get you boys back to your dormitories".

Remus gave Regulus a speech about how grateful he was for Regulus sticking up for him, against a professor. Told him that he was always there if he needed something.

Regulus was thankful for it, but he knew it wouldn't be necessary. He had Sirius, and Pandora, who was very intimidating when she wanted to be.

Opening the window and shivering as the cold air hit his face, he stared up at the stars once again. Being bewitched by their beauty.

a/n

this is just a filler.

its also the last chapter of first year.

sorry it was short, I'll write more during the later years

thank you

Taylor ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎
(●’◡’●)ノ