The Sorting Ceremony

The group of 'Marauders' as they so fondly called themselves ushered Regulus off of the train and gently pushed him into the direction of a large group of young children.

The youngest Black looked at Sirius for comfort, which he never found as he was too busy talking to Remus and Peter. Instead, James placed a hand on Regulus's shoulder. "It's okay, all the first years go on boats, it's really pretty, just don't fall out of the boat, it's impossible to do that, they're enchanted, they take you to the castle in a much more magical way" James said with the award winning, girl catching, charming James Potter smile.

Regulus gulped and waved meekly as James and the rest of the marauders began to shout words of praise at him. Sirius was the loudest and half the students sent the group of friends glares for being so loud. "Go Reggie Go!" Sirius chanted as Regulus walked over to the large group of first years.

Then, they couldn't be heard anymore and the small boy became nervous.

A small blonde girl walked over with a large grin on her face. "Greetings, its rather dark here isn't it?" Regulus studied the girl. She had an accent, one he was well acquainted with, his cousin Bellatrix had developed the same accent. It was extremely well-known to be a regal pureblood accent. Regulus felt relieved to know his mother would have no problem with Regulus being friends with this girl. So with a steady face Regulus hummed. "Yes, it rather is quite dark, I suppose we shall be having our own feast, it's much to dark for the feast to wait for us" Regulus said as he looked to the sky. The girl giggled; "You're a funny one" She said, she held out her hand and bowed slightly, "I'm Pandora, Pandora Lestrange".

Regulus took her hand and shook it gently. "Regulus, Regulus Black".

The look of realisation when their eyes met as they burst into a fit of laughter made everyone turn to see what was so funny. "I know your cousin" Pandora said through her giggles. "I'd be surprised if you didn't, I know you're brother" Regulus said through his laughter which had his face turning red.

"O'roight ferst yers" The giant man boomed making Regulus and Pandora both jump. "We'll be takin' the boats" The giant continued.

Pandora leaned into Regulus's side; "His name is Rubeus Hagrid, he's a half-giant, gatekeeper of Hogwarts" Pandora whispered. Regulus turned to her with a look of astonishment. "How do you know that?" He asked. Pandora sighed, "Did your family not tell you anything about Hogwarts?" She asked.

Regulus nodded his head. "Sirius told me a lot, but I didn't really listen to him, because he was always talking about pranks and his friends" Regulus grumbled under his breath. Pandora giggled; "Well maybe, he was trying to help you out, whilst talking about all the fun he had".

Regulus lifted his eyebrow in thought. "There's a secret passageway, leads right to the Honeydukes cellar" Regulus said, "It's hidden, in a statue of Gunhilda of Gorsemoor". A proud smile stretched his lips as he recalled all the conversations Sirius had had with him about the rules and everything about Hogwarts. "Sirius has broken the majority of the rules at Hogwarts in one year, I've read the letters before my mother could, I know the rules".

Pandora sniggered. "I bet your mother was very happy reading those letters" She said.

The group of first years were lead to the boats and allowed to sit with who they wanted, as long as there was five to a boat and no more.

Pandora and Regulus got to a boat first. A small boy with big emerald glowing eyes and a slightly red nose sat down on the boat. "I'm Augustus Scamander" The boy said sniffling slightly. Pandora shook his hand and wiped the tears from his face with her handkerchief. "Now now Augustus, it is not proper for one to cry for no reason, we are only on a boat, we are completely safe with all the enchantments" Pandora said with a sweet smile.