2

Aera

*A few days later*

I wake up to a new weekend. Saturdays are my favorite because I have the studio all to myself and my best friend, Jia, meets me there before going to her flat to watch a movie and eat.

After a long night of college work, I wanted to get up and move my body. There is a small park with a track beside my house and it's my go-to place to run. 

I went to the washroom and cleaned myself up before changing into a matching pair of leggings and a sports bra. I ran down my stairs, remembering to say good morning to my dad, and made myself a smoothie. 

Grabbing headphones, I started jogging to the park and did my usual morning workout while listening to a podcast, and came back home. 

I entered the house and saw a sticky note from dad saying he had to go to work. Oh well, I'll just go to the studio early and practice till Jia comes.

After showering and changing into shorts and a cropped t-shirt, I styled my hair taking longer than usual just to spend time. It already takes about an hour because of how much hair I have and when I was done, two hours had gone by. 

I left the house after leaving another sticky note beside the one my father had, saying that I'm leaving and won't be back till late.

I put a baseball cap on and grabbed my purse and left the house, remembering to lock the door. 

Coffee cravings took over so I went to the coffee shop nearby before stopping by at the studio so I walked to the nearest shop. I order a caramel macchiato and stand by the window waiting for my name to be called.

I look around the shop and I see a man with a cap pulled down to cover most of his face and a huge trench coat. 

It's the middle of fricken May.

It gets warm when May starts. No need for a coat that huge.

He orders two Americanos in the largest size and leans in, whispers something to the cashier, and pays her tip. She nods and makes his drinks quickly and hands them to him.

I look away when he scans the room before rushing out the door. I get my drink a second later and I walk out too.  

I start walking to the studio and I take a sip from my coffee. It was heavenly. There's nothing that I love more than coffee. 

The weather is gorgeous and people are bustling by. I look up at the sky for a split second and I feel a body ramming into me. 

 My back slammed onto the ground and my drink goes flying from my hand. I look up to see the same guy in the trench coat frozen above me. It seemed like he was running.

"What the hell?"

He starts backing up and running as fast as he can while that stupid coat is blocking his shoes.

I get up and bolt after him. I can't let this idiot run without apologizing. 

I catch up to him and grab his arm. He spins around and faces me but he keeps his head down and pushes his cap further down his face. 

"Excuse me? You can't just push me over and leave like that." I take a step closer to him. I can see his lips in the space he has open. They are pink and plump and are opening and closing in the feeble attempt of saying something.

"Sorry." I barely heard it but he said it. I scoffed and turned to leave but he rushed behind me and pressed a W5000 bill in my hand. 

"I'm sorry," he repeats one more time, more loudly, and runs off into another street.