1

"baby just say something" he whispered as she stood there speechless for the first time.

"yes"....

ONE YEAR AGO. 

Pulling the sleeves of her jumper over her hands Seraphina slowly crept into the unfamiliar office. A silver autopsy table divided the office from the medical suite, even though there was an eerily cold draft coming from an open body cubicle, the room was a bright and warm place. An orange plastic chair sat behind a desk while two white cushioned ones were placed in front, inviting her to sit in one. 

"hello you must be Seraphina Adelaide" a welcoming voice said behind her. She whipped her head around and nodded at the tall woman walking into the office, "I'm Camille Saroyan, the boss around here." 

"hello, yes that's me but Sera's fine." She responded nervously. 

"Okay I'll bear that in mind, so shall we get started," Camille said picking up some files from her desk and skimming over them. "You are at college completing degrees in forensic anthropology and entomology. Very impressive, you may know we have just lost one of our interns and I feel as though you'd be a good fit for the job. I have your number I'll call you later and inform you of my decision" 

"Okay, thank you for considering me for the position I really appreciate it." Sera replied gratefully. "I'll see myself out now I want to visit the exhibition on the ancient Egyptians before I leave." As she walked out of the office a body was rushed in, a brunette woman and a buff man running alongside it yelling at anyone who got in their way. 

"Angela get bug boy!" The man shouted to a dark haired woman who came running out of another office at the commotion. She immediately ran off to get 'Hodgins' and came back a minute later with a man with curly dark hair and the brightest eyes ever. The brunette woman from before threw the cover off the body and a strong stench hit Sera's nose, the smell along with the fact she hadn't eaten all day knocked her sick. Throwing her head down she sped out of the room and into the corridor. 

"Miss, you aren't supposed to be here" a security guard called out to her as she took a wrong turn that led into a room full of white draws. A badly beaten skeleton was laid out on an autopsy table similar to the one in Camille's office. 

"It's alright Micah, she's with me, isn't that right darling." The curly haired man declared, rounding the corner with a box of test tubes. "We were just going out when Brennan wanted me to collect samples, I told you to stay in my office."

"Oh I'm sorry I got curious. I'll go back now" Sera said following the man out into the main room where the plaform was situated. 

"This is a one time thing Hodgins don't let it happen again." The guard called after them. 

"Thank you for that, I'm Seraphina by the way" 

"I'm jack, but round here I'm known as bug boy, Hodgins or a squint. And it's really no problem I saw you go green before when Dr. B unveiled the body and I thought I'd see if you are okay." 

"I'm fine thanks I was just on my way to the Ancient Egyptian exhibition, I had an interview here before for an intern job" 

"oh your at college what do you study?" He questioned walking into an office filled with plants and insects and placing the box on a desk. 

"Forensic anthropology and entomology, it's really interesting. My mum wanted me to be a doctor so I went to medical school for 5 years and then quit and restarted college, applied for the internship and here we are." She finished, "Oh my god I'm rambling sorry I do that along my therapist told me it's supposed to distract me from getting anxious in new scenarios" 

Jack chuckled as she continued to ramble on about how she is not in fact a psycho she just has "a few mental challenges" 

"So how about I take you to exhibit stop you from getting in more trouble, eh?" He proposed walking out of his room an into the office opposite where Camille was sat at her desk doing paperwork. "Hey Cam, I'm gonna take Seraphina here to the exhibit because she keeps walking in the wrong direction" he snickers throwing her a playfully annoyed smirk. 

"Okay just don't stay out too late and message me if your plans change" she said not looking up from the paperwork. 

"Okay,mum" he snorted and sulked out the room like a child after being told off for doing something he shouldn't have. "So m'lady the Ancient Egyptian exhibition here we go" he offered his elbow which Sera hesitantly took, giggling as they marched down the corridor towards the exhibit. 

823 words