4

"Hi guys" Sera calls happily walking through the lab to her station. Multiple "hi"s echoed from around the lab. The lab seemed eerily empty for a monday morning, so Sera decided to 'investigate'.

"Hey Ange where is everyone?" She asked leaning against her door.

"Booth and Brennan got called out to a scene at about 5am so they should be back soon. Hodgins is in his office. Cam is in hers and Zack has just arrived" she replied looking over Sera's shoulder at the now late Zack placing his things on the table.

"Okay thank you. Do you know anything about the scene." She asked turning on her heel to face Ange.

"Woman was found in a burnt car, that's all i got"

"Thanks anyway. Bye" Sera walked out of the office. Just in time for a burnt car to be wheeled into the lab with Brennan hurrying behind it.

"Can the remains be moved onto the platform please." She instructed to the assistants who started to move the body as Booth walked in holding a baby.

"Awww Booth where did you get a baby? I want one" Sera huffed speed-walking to the baby.

"You can have him. My arm hurts. Take him to Angela or something. He swalled a key so we need him here until he returns it." Booth explained handing Sera the baby.

"Oh okay, lets get you out of the big lab. You don't need to see a body now do you." She cooed at the baby walking away from the charred remains and into the offices.

First Sera went to Cams office and explained why she had a baby. Who instructed her to take care of the baby and another intern would be brought in to help with the investigation. Then Sera walked into Anges office, where Hodgins and Ange were stood, talking about the woman on the autopsy table.

"Hey guys have you met my new best friend." Sera announced her entrance causing Hodgins and Angela to look up and run over to her.

"Oh my goodness, it's so cute. Why do you have a baby" Angela gushes.

"This little man swallowed a key so Cam put me in charge of looking after him until her returns it. I suppose she wants you to do your work and imagine Brennan looking after a child."

"He is a handsome baby. You're gonna be strong one day little fella." Hodgins smiled at the baby. "Oh ill go get my metal detector so we can check if he did swallow a key or if hes been falsely accused."

The girls laughed at the excitement he had for a metal detector as he ran out of the office into his own. Returning a few seconds later with handheld metal detector. Sera layed him down on Anges desk and Jack ran the device over his stomach. It beeped over his tiny body and he giggled at the noise.

"He liked it do it again" Ange laughed and Jack ran the device over his stomach making the baby giggle at the noise it made.

"What are you doing" Brennan asked walking into the office.

"We verified that the baby did indeed swallow the key" Jack said professionally. Brennan shot him a look of annoyance before turning to Ange.

"Will you do a facial reconstruction of the mother please once Zack has properly cleaned the bones.

"Sure sweetie. Sera, you might wanna take the baby somewhere else if the baby doesnt wanna see a skull." She insisted.

"Oh yeah definitely that would be traumatizing" She said, picking up the baby. "We really should find out his name."

"Dr Hodgins, there is samples on the platform for you, please do an isotope analysis."

"Right away Dr. B." He said walking out.

"I'm gonna go with him actually. There's no dead people in his office and this little guy might like the plants and animals he has." Sera said following Jack into his lab.

"I was right he does love the plants. Oh I think hes gone. Im gonna take him to the bathrooms wheres his bag?" She asked, finding it on the empty desk.

~~in Cam's office~~

"Guys. Junior here made us a present." She announced to Brennan, Cam and Zack who were analysing the bones.

"The key? That was quick" Brennan asked hopefully.

"No something normal but with a twist." She said placing the nappy on the table. " I dont think it should be pink"

"No ill get it tested now. Wheres the baby?" Cam said picking it up.

"In Hodgins office he was playing with a leaf." She responded walking out.

"I'm back did you two miss me?" She said picking up the child and sitting at Jack's desk.

"He did, while you were gone i tested the bone for strontium, an element found in most rocks. We absorb it through consuption of local vegetation and water. Over time the isotope collects in the bones, meaning you can use it to figure out where someone's from." He explained as the baby started to cry, Sera picked him up and bounced him slowing the sobs that he made. "The victim was from northern west virginia. Tucker county to be precise."

"Are you sure? The crash was in Pendleton." She asked

"Very sure, particulate matter collected from the salvage area of the car contained guano from a corynorhinus townsendii viginianus."

"Cool let Dr. B know so her and Booth can look." She said and he ran left to find the partners.

A.N.

Hey guys, hope you had a good day. I dont know what I'm doing.

Do you guys prefer actual cases or more personal things like outside of the work place?

~ A

955 words.