7

'Sera, Ange?' Zack asked apprehensively, walking into Anges office, where she and Sera sat eating. 

'Yeah, Zack.' Ange said looking up at the young man. 

'I am not really good at telling people things, and this is very important so i think i need you two to help me please. I would ask Booth but he would worry and tell me not to do it but i have to because like i said it's important.' he rambled taking a deep breath, clearly panicking. 

'What is it Zack, we'll try our best to help wherever we can.' Sera offered, placing her bowl on the table and standing up. 

'Erm here you go.' Zack passed the two a letter adressed to him from the whitehouse. Starting to panick, Sera looked up at him. 

'Zack, what is this?' the girls said. 

'I've been asked to go to Iraq and identify bodies of war victims.' He said calmly.

'You're not gonna go though are you? Please don't go.' Ange said hugging him. 

'I have to Ange, the president asked me to.' he said matter-of-factly. 

The two girls welled up at the thought of Zack leaving them, neither of them could remember time when he wasn't there and they didn't want to either. Ange stepped forward embracing th tall doctor. 

'As much as I'd hate to see you go Zack I know you need to. I know you'll be  brave. And I know you'll put the countries needs before ours. Just remember that we love you and we will miss you while you're gone. Try not to get ki!led alright we can't have that.' She said, tears now streaming down her face and onto his lab coat. 

'I cannot agree more with what Ange said, doc. You are smart and you know that we cannot physically be there with you just know, and I quote from the greatest movie of all time, "you're here in my heart".' Sera said earning a confused look from a sobbing Zack and Ange. 'Titanic? Rose and Jack? Celine Dion? No? Jesus guys we'll have to watch it.' 

A very confused Doctor Brennan walked in, staring at her three emotional coworkers. 'Are you guys okay? You know what it doesn't matter Zack we have a new body, Sera help Hodgins with particulates, Ange facial reconstruction.' She said walking out of the room with Zack following her muttering thanks and wiping away his tears, leaving the girls stood there in disbelief. 

'It's not gonna be the same without him' Ange said. 

'We'll cope though.' Sera said moving the food they were previously eating. 

'That's the scary part, it wouldn't be different after a while.' Ange voiced as Sera walked out to meet Hodgins. 

'He'll be back, everything will be fine Ange, we could always convince him not to go.' She said leaving Ange in her office. 

A.N.

hey guys, 

short filler chapter today

I've been pretty busy but its the school holidays now so i should post more often. 

also gotta love a lil plot twist. 

anyways bye 

~A