8

"Pelvic fragments suggests male" Brennan says examining the body as Booth sneezes. 

'Are you okay?' Cam asks as he sneezes again. 

'Particles from the cut grass are causing his mast cells to release inflammatory mediators.' Doctor Brennan says examining the body. 

'Allergies.' Booth simplified 

'Yeah thats what i said.' Dr Brennan says earning a sarcastic look from Booth and Cam. 

'Level of decomp suggest hes been dead for a couple weeks.' 

'Body dump.' Booth suggests. 

'Lividity's inderterminate' Cam says shaking her head as Booth sneezes again.

'How can a former sniper have a grass allergy? I mean, wouldn't a sneeze give away your position?' Dr. Brennan asks.

'Bones, okay, i worked in the desert, it was sand, no grass.' Booth clarified as a man in a hivis vest walked over.

'It's the crunching that got my attention.' He said.

'Didn't you see the body before it crunched.' Booth remarked

'It's not my fault. You know, Johnson grass is eight feet high and dense. It's like driving in the dark.'

'Wow, you must've been driving fast.'

'I had an internet date i wanted to get home to shower. She's probably still waiting for me at the falafel place.' He said, as Booth sneezed for the millionth time. 'You know, Johnson grass lets off a ton of pollen, man. Your eyes could swell. If your throat closes up-'

'Allergies, okay, I'm fine.' Booth cuts the man off.

'You didnt by any chance see a head did you?' Brennan asks casually.

'The heads missing?' Booth asks

'I don't see it or any skull fragments.'

'Sorry' the guy says.

'Well I've got some brain matter here, so he has to have a head at some point.' Cam states as Brennan walks over to the heavy machinery and looks up at the spinning blade.

'Found it.' She calls out.

'Oh, my dates not gonna believe this.'

'The blade must have severed just below the c-5 vertebra and the force of the impact propelled the head into the grille.' Brennan says.

'So presumably, he was killed, decapitated and mulched. Wow could it get any worse for this guy?' Booth says as the eye fell out of the socket.

~~Back in the lab~~

'The bones are dense with a high degree of robusticity.' Sera says as she examines the body with Cam.

'Well, that's consistent with his musculature.' She replies. 'The guy was built, probably an athlete. I bet he was hot.'

'Yeah well now he's really not.' Ange says looking up from her computer.

'I think he had a cold.' Cam says

'Looks like a pretty bad one.' Ange laughs

'No, i found traces of tea and honey in his stomach and the remains of a throat lozenge.' Cam explained as Hodgins walked in.

'Oh wow, victims watch. It's totally cool. Measures heart rate, calories burned, speed, distance.' He says holding it up in an evidence bag.

'Jock i rest my case.' Cam says

'It's bad enough going to the gym without getting yelled at by a watch.' Ange comments.

'My regimen is easily completed in my apartment, treadmill for 30 minutes, a hundred sit ups, push ups and leg lifts and 20 minutes of free weights. I'm deceptively strong.' Jack says much to the disbelief of everyone else.

'Wow, hun you must be ripped.' Sera says. 'We are deceived.'

'Hey odontology got a match, Tommy sour. He was reported missing two weeks ago.' Ange said pulling up his picture.

'Damn he was kinda cute.' Sera said and Hodgins looked at her in a "im-offended-but-you-cant-say-that-because-this-guy-is dead" kinda way.

'What?' She says. 'Just saying'

A.N.

Hey guys,

How yall doing?

Idk what im doing.

Okay bye.

628 words