Tower Escape

{LEXI'S POV}
"Thank you Chapati. Now then," Yajima-san says. "I'm sure you've all been waiting for this. The rules for the first ever Storybook Games."

We perk up. Now things are getting interesting.

"There will be five days of competition. The first three days are themed Storybook events, while the fourth day features an old event brought back by popular demand. Also, as with the Grand Magic Games, each day will consist of the event and three one-on-one battles, with tag battles on the fourth day. The final day will feature a special all-day event and no battles." Yajima-san calmly explains. "The point system for the Storybook Games will now be displayed on the lacrima-vision."

The giant lacrima screen above the judge's booth blinks to life, displaying two sets of numbers. The first set, on the left hand side of the screen, is the point system for the daily special event.

First place: 10 points
Second place: 8 points
Third place: 6 points
Fourth place: 4 points
Fifth place: 2 points
Sixth place: 0 points

The second set of numbers on the right hand side of screen designates the point system for the battles that will take place after each event.

Win: 10 points
Lose: 0 points
Tie: 5 points each

"With all that being said, each team please select three members to participate in the first themed event of the Storybook Games!" Yajima-san finishes grandly. The crowds goes nuts with approval.

"Three?" Storm rubs his chin thoughtfully. "That means whatever it is requires teamwork."

Nashi raises her hand, hopping up and down. "I wanna compete first! Please, please, please?"

Avery crosses her arms. "In that case, I'm out. Nashi and I don't work together very well. If we're looking for teamwork, it should be her and Storm. That leaves one more member."

They all look at Reiki. I swallow hard. "I-I'll do it."

"Are you sure, Lexi?" Avery reaches for my scabbing ear, concern etched across her face.

"Yeah!" I clench my fists, mustering up all my meager courage. Reiki fails to suppress his smile.

Nashi and Storm blink in surprise and grin at each other, then at me. They say in unison, "Okay!"

I follow them out into the center of the arena, looking over my shoulder at Reiki. Before he disappears down the Fairy Tail tunnel with Avery, he looks over his shoulder at me too.

Reiki and I make eye contact. He nods at me and mouths three words. These words I repeat over and over to myself: You got this.

"We have our competitors for the first event!" Chapati announces. "Yuuki, Mirror, and Enigma from Sabertooth! Emilia, Edel, and Axis from Lamia Scale! Whistle, Lynn, and Ima from Mermaid Heel! Hikaru, Gianna, and Opal from Blue Pegasus! Banez, Tank, and Ricky from Quatro Cerberus! And finally, Nashi, Storm, and Lexi from Fairy Tail!"

All fifteen of us gather in the dead center of Domus Flau. The youngest is ten year old Gianna Akatsuki, while the oldest is Enigma. She wears a suit of medieval knight armor, and her face is entirely covered by a helmet with a visor and a red plume. I thinks she's near the age limit of 20.

Mato-kun approaches us with a... fan? Three spinning blades in a white plastic box. I get the feeling he's smiling evilly under that pumpkin mask.

"Something's wrong."

Before I can elaborate, Mato-kun says, "Don't get blown away-kabo."

He switches the fan on max power and we're immediately bombarded by gale force winds. Without being able to use magic power to brace myself, I'm blown away instantly. Storm and Nashi both slide back, but manage to dig their feet in.