Chapter 1: No looking back

⚠️TW: Mentions of suicide and abuse!!

3rd person POV:

"Just run. As fast as you can. One foot in front of the other. Don't stop. Don't look back. Just go." Those were Andi's thoughts as she sprinted away from the prison she was trapped in. Panting and sweating, she kept running.

She ran until she was lost in the big city but she was so afraid that they would catch her that she kept going and didn't look back once. She pushed and shoved her way through the large crowd of people, the cold winter air hitting her face, until her legs hurt so bad that it felt like they could fall off at any minute. She was so tired that she eventually stopped at a bench in a park. Out of breath with tear tracks stained on her cheeks, she let her emotions overtake her and she began to sob. She sobbed and sobbed, 13 years of pent up anger and sadness and hatred. She was so out of touch with the world around her that she hadn't notice the woman sitting next to her, trying to get her attention.

"Hey, what's wrong?" "Are you okay? Does something hurt?"

As soon as Andi looked up and realized that someone was there, she flinched and moved away to the other side of the bench. She just rested her head in her hands and her shoulders started to shake once again as she cried. The woman didn't know what to do but she knew she couldn't leave this poor girl here, in the middle of a park, sitting on a bench all alone in december when it's freezing, and to top it all off, crying like there was no tomorrow. The woman tried again.

"Hi love, I can tell that you're scared. What's your name?" She asked. She didn't try to get closer to the girl because she respected that the girl wanted space but she knew she wasn't leaving until this girl agreed to come with her. The girl still hadn't said anything so she spoke again, "Okay, umm, I'm Scarlett. Im an actress. I have a husband, his name is Colin. And I have a daughter, her name is Rose." Andi finally calmed down and slowly lifted her gaze until she met Scarlett's eyes. Scarlett gave her a small smile.

"I know who you are. You're Scarlett Johansson. Im obsessed with marvel," Andi finally said with a small chuckle as she wiped the remaining tears off her face. Scarlett gave her a little chuckle in return and reached her hand out to touch Andi's thigh. She looked at Andi and Andi looked back at her. Scarlett gave a sad sigh before talking again,

"Honey, what's going on? I know that we've only just met and you probably don't trust me but I need to know. I cant help if I don't know the story," Andi looked down at her hands in her lap, biting her lip, tears threatening to fall at the mention of her terrible, terrible life. Scarlett moves closer to Andi but Andi doesn't do anything. She is staring blankly at the ground. Scarlett wraps an arm around Andi and Andi melts into her touch and begins to cry once again. Scarlett let's the girl get her emotions out until the cries have subsided. She lifts Andi's head off her chest. Andi knew she had to say something but she just couldn't get the words out.

The two just stare at each other, Andi really enjoying Scarlett's presence. Neither of them know what to say seeing as this isn't a situation you normally find yourself in. Andi finally speaks, "I guess I should tell you what a 15 year old girl is doing sat on a park bench, alone, crying, in December when it's cold, with nothing but a dirty long sleeve and some ripped jeans, huh?" She chuckles a little, trying to lighten the mood knowing what she was about to say was really horrifying. Scarlett just looked at the young girl and she took that as a sign to keep talking. She sighed and started again,

"Okay so when i was two, my parents died. They left me alone at the age of two. One took their own life and the other got into a car accident. I only really know them from pictures. My mom she, she was beautiful. I, uh, I guess things just got to be too much for her and um, she decided to take her own life. With pills. I guess she just couldn't handle it," Andi stops to take a deep breath. Tears are streaming down her face and to no one's surprise, Scarlett's too. Scarlett nods as she rubs the girls back to let her know to keep going.

"My dad. He seemed like a big goofball. But what would I know about him, I was only a baby. He was the one person I had left. From what I was told, when he was on his way home from work, the driver of the car in front coming towards him had fallen asleep at the wheel. And he- he didn't realize until he saw the car as it was right about to hit him. I guess it was just an unlucky day," Andi let's out a sob but then quickly sits up straight and wipes her tears. She wanted to get through this story as fast as possible and crying was only going to slow her down. Scarlett was listening intently with tears of her own pouring out of her eyes like a waterfall.

Scarlett sniffles, "You didn't deserve any of that. You were just a baby." Scarlett let's out a sob of her own. Andi lifts her hand up to wipe Scarlett's tears and then continues.

"I have no idea what happened after that. All I know is that I ended up in the system. I had been to a few foster homes but they never stuck. But the place i've been for the last few years, god id rather be dead then go there ever again. They did so many things to me, unimaginable things. I was like their rag doll, their puppet, their toy. They are foul. Disgusting. Sometimes I wish they would've just killed me right then and there, the first time they did things to me. Then I wouldn't have had to endure all the rest of the pain they caused," Andi cried. However she wasn't crying out of sadness or fear, she was crying out of anger. What they did to her was so revolting, they deserve to rot in prison for the rest of their lives. Scarlett cried along with her, but she was crying out of sadness. She couldn't understand how someone could do something so terrible to a young girl. Andi let her emotions take over her again and she laid back into Scarlett's arms and cried. They both sat there, on the park bench, with their arms wrapped around each other and sobbing.

After awhile, they had finally calmed down. They both enjoyed the comfort of the other so they just sat there cuddled up next to each other.

"Hey, I never got your name," Scarlett whispered loud enough for Andi to hear.

"Alessandra Bishop. But my nickname is Andi," the teenage girl wrapped in Scarlett's arms answered.

"That's a beautiful name," Scarlett replied.

They sat there for a little while longer until the older woman spoke up again, "Hey Andi, why don't you come home with me?" Andi quickly turned to face her but before she could protest, Scarlett spoke again. "Please. Come with me. I cant let you go back there, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did. Come home with me. I have an extra room and we can figure everything out tomorrow but it's getting a little late," Scarlett was basically begging at this point. Andi sighed and finally agreed. They walked to Scarlett's car and drove to Scarlett's apartment in comfortable silence.
———————————————————————————
1339 words!

A/N: Oh my god the first chapter of the story is done! It's a little heavy but I hope you enjoyed! I don't know how many people will actually read this story but I enjoy writing it so it doesn't really matter :) However, feel free to leave any questions about the chapters you have if something is not specified and feel free to leave future chapter suggestions or any feedback!!

Please do me a favor and eat something. Even if it's something small. Drink some water and get some rest. And have a great day/night wherever you are in the world!!

If you're struggling, know that you're not alone. You can always use the suicide prevention lifeline:
800-273-8255