Chapter 5: We did it, bug

⚠️ TW: brief mentions of abuse and r@pe, panic attack!!

3rd person POV:

"Goodnight bug."

"Goodnight pumpkin."

"Goodnight Scar, goodnight Colin. Thank you guys... for everything."

Scarlett and Colin made their way out of Andi's room and back out to the living room. They sat on the couch and cuddled next to each other.

"Thank you. For giving this a chance. I got lucky with you."

Colin smiled sweetly. "I really like her. Do you think we'll be able to do this?"

Scarlett sighed, wondering if they can give Andi a good life.

"I hope so, my love."

There was a comfortable silence among the two while the tv played in the background. Colin then slowly started to stretch and stand up, having remembered the conversation about calling the foster place to get the papers for Andi.

"Hey babe, I'm gonna go call now and see what we need to do to keep Andi with us and get all her papers. Do you want to stay here or would you like to come with me and we can figure this out together?" Colin asked his wife. Scarlett just smiled at him, happy that he wanted to do this together. "I'll be there in a second." Colin nodded.

Scarlett got up off the couch and slowly made her way to Andi's room. She didn't want to disturb the girl but she wanted to see her again. She had such a strong connection with Andi. Scarlett stood outside of Andi's door for quite some time.

Andi's POV:

I couldn't sleep. I mean, I did fall asleep just not for long. I felt so many emotions. My mind couldn't sleep. I closed my eyes hoping that id fall asleep so that I would be well rested for the day tomorrow. Then I heard someone approach my door. I stared at it, waiting for someone to walk in. After a little while, light flooded the room and a figure stood at the doorway.

"You can come in you know?" I chuckled. Scar has been very close to me, but I don't mind. At least I know she cares. I hear Scar giggle a little and then she walks in.

"Hey sleepyhead, what're you doing awake?" I pulled the covers back so she can lay in bed next to me.

"I slept for a little but then I woke up, I don't know. I think it's because my mind is so busy. I feel so many emotions, I don't really know what to think." I answered her question. She looked at me with a soft but slightly confused expression on her face.

"What do you mean?" She asked. I sighed and then laughed a little bit. "I feel so much, it's overwhelming. I feel happiness, gratitude, excitement but I also feel confused and sometimes scared." I admitted. She just looked at me so I took that as a sign to elaborate.

"I am beyond happy that you found me that day at the park. And extremely grateful. Otherwise, I wouldn't have you or Colin or anyone. I would be alone. I am excited because I have people who actually care. People who won't hurt me. People who check up on me and make sure i'm okay. People who ask me before doing things to me or that involve me. I finally have people who feel like actual parents." I continued. She just looked at me, probably because she feels bad that I had such a horrible life. But it's not her fault.

"You know Andi, you are a special girl. And I lo..."Scarlett trailed off. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"And I love the relationship we have together even though we just met. You, my girl," she kissed me on the head, "Are one of the best things that's happened to me," Scarlett finished. I smile at the comment. I hope this will be my future. Having conversations with Scarlett and calling her mom and talking about everything and anything.