CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Dewey lead the girls into the garage where he approached the locker that had been dead bolted into the wall, it was a large metal vault with a thick iron door on the front with a keypad, he punched in a set of numbers and Sidney watched and took a mental note of the numbers. He opened it and they all looked in at a large collection of weapons ranging from pistols to shotguns.

"Are you sure about this?" Dewey asked as he handed Sidney a pistol. "This could be what he wants".

Sidney looked at Dewey, "and that's what we want. If we can draw him out we can end this tonight before anybody else has to die".

"You'll have backup. Gale and I will be there, Judy will be there and Kirby has said she'll be there as well. I told her not to get involved but she insisted" Dewey informed them. Sidney passed Laura a weapon and she inspected it closely before awkwardly tucking it into her pants, she lowered her shirt over it and looked at Sidney and then at Dewey. "Are you okay?"

She nodded softly. "Yeah, yeah I am".

Sidney spoke to Dewey. "Where will Judy and Kirby be?"

"Judy said she'll be wearing a ghost face costume, but it'll have a red mask so you'll be able to spot her. Kirby is just going to attend the party without a costume" he looked to Laura. "You stick close to Kirby while Sidney and myself try draw him out".

She nodded.

Gale entered the room. "Tatum is safe, nobody knows where she is. Are we picking our poison?" She chuckled and approached the gun case. She reached in and grabbed the hunting knife, the very replica of the original and held it close. "This will do just fine".

Kirby was already present at the party - she stood on the border of the property looking across the darkened field to where the party was being held, she could hear the sound of the screaming and cheering from where she stood with her arms crossed across her chest. She sighed with a chuckle and lifted her phone and snapped a photo to send to Dewey. She slid it back into her pocket before she began walking across the field with all the other groups of people that were arriving late. She turned her head and looked at a red ghost face mask poking out from a sea of white ones. She knew it was Judy and she nodded and kept walking.

Kirby took a seat in the centre of the room with all the others who were watching. She spotted Isla close by but didn't make a move (she didn't know of her), Kirby had seen the photos of her while speaking with Dewey about the incident. She turned back to the screen and kept watching.

"Where are you, asshole?"

There were hundreds of ghost face costumes jumping around, popcorn was being thrown around and Kirby was having a hard time focusing on the movie. People ran around holding fake knives and stabbing at people as they laughed and screamed, one girl tripped over a chair and landed on the ground with a heavy thud and someone yelled out for her to be stabbed. Kirby frowned. A body crashed over the chair in front of her and she scooted back with wide eyes. She turned to the side and was tackled off her chair by another ghost face costume wearing freak. People laughed loudly and stabbed at the air with their fake weapons and continued watching. Nobody could even hear the movie at this point. Kirby looked in their hands and saw a real metal blade that was being stabbed towards her chest. She grabbed their arm and held them off. Her eyes were squinted and her teeth gutted as she used all her strength to hold them off.

"Oh my god" she sobbed. "Help!"

She pushed them off and turned and crawled across the flooring towards the side of the barn where she'd be able to see more clearly without people jumping in her way. She looked over her shoulder and saw the white mask duck into a sea of others. Isla had been thrown off her chair as well. Kirby saw her stumbling through the crowd with a dazed look on her face. She looked down and saw the front of shirt that was now soaked in blood,

"Fuck".

Isla crashed down against the floor of the barn motionless. Kirby ran off to the side and barged into Emily who let out a grunt as her drink was nearly knocked from her hands. Kirby said sorry and ran off and Emily shrugged and walked on. All those in the barn just believed Isla to be playing a prank as someone did every year. Kirby ran out into the doorway and was rammed into the wall by Ghostface who punched her in the stomach and then attempted to stab her once more but she fought back, she grabbed the mask and tried to pull it up to reveal the face but they shoved her away. Kirby groaned and reached into her pocket and grabbed the phone and used it as a weapon and slammed it into their face over and over.

Kirby looked up when the lights suddenly went out. People began yelling out from annoyance and the inconvenience, Kirby made out the online of the killer as he lifted his arms up and held the knife above his head and went to stab her. Kirby screamed and backed up into a stack of hay, but with all the movement in the barn the killer was barged and lost his footing which allowed her to make a run for it and get outside and away from the crowd of people. Kirby kicked off and ran out of the barn and into the night, others were standing around watching her run.

"Help me! The killer is after me!"

They all laughed as the killer came running out after her. The long black cloak blew behind them as they charged after the girl. Everyone continued to laugh, nothing but a prank they believed. They went back to their conversations. She looked back and saw the killer just standing there watching her, she stopped and faced them.

"It's time to face your fate, Kirby" the familiar voice oozed into her ears. "We've got a score to settle you and I".

"Then come and get me" she spat.

"You don't want to know who I am?" He asked.

"You're a coward, that's what I know".

He chuckled.

Kirby heard footsteps approaching and she turned and looked over her shoulder and saw Dewey standing there holding a pistol.

"Time to face your fate" Dewey said.

He began firing at the killer as he stepped towards him. Screams filled the air as the sound of the weapon being fired filled the air, each bullet struck the killer in the chest and he stumbled back and groaned loudly. When they finally crashed into the ground Dewey lowered the weapon and ran over to Kirby. He pulled her up and they both looked over at the body. They walked over to it slowly and Kirby took the weapon from Dewey's hand and looked down at the body.

"What is that Randy once said?" She asked.

"The killer always comes back for one last scare" Dewey then replied. Kirby pulled the trigger and the front of the mask exploded with blood that sprayed upward into the air. Dewey didn't flinch but Kirby looked away and handed the weapon back and walked away. "I guess not in your movie?"