CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Laura took another swig of the alcohol that was scattered across the kitchen bench. The taste was ungodly but she managed to get it down without too much hassle, she turned and looked into the living room as Clancy walked back in with a sheet of red across her face. Laura frowned but didn't think anything of it, she turned away and continued talking with Wade who was talking about what had happened.

"Why do you think he did it?" He asked with a soft tone and saddened look. "He was my friend".

Laura gave him a reassuring smile and squeezed his shoulder, Clancy noticed from where she stood in the next room. Wade smiled at her then asked how she was doing and she said she was fine, but he knew she wasn't fine. Clancy walked away and Laura noticed this but turned back to her friend.

"Is Clancy okay?" She asked.

Wade just shrugged. "She's been trying hard to get a new story so she can be the next Gale Weathers" he chuckled and took a sip. The music playing from the living room was loud still and pounding, they exited the kitchen and walked into the room and saw Emily sitting on the lounge texting on her phone, when she saw them she placed it down against her chest and smiled at the pair. They sat down with her and chatted quietly.

Sidney, Gale and Dewey sped up the road quickly. The sirens were blasting from their cruiser, cars on the road moved to the side to allow them to pass by. Dewey sat in the passenger sear reloading his weapon, Sidney was driving and Gale was in the back. In the car behind was Judy and Kirby who had been told once more to stick back and make sure everything was okay and to assist if needed. Sidney spoke up.

"They're in danger" she said. "Something about this has been off from the very beginning. He's been one step ahead the entire time, he knows what we are going to die and when we are going to do it", she turned the corner sharply and turned onto the street. The house was up the very far end near the Macher house. "Turn off the sirens, it's easier if nobody knows we are coming".

Dewey reached over and flicked them off.

"We stick together - nobody goes anywhere alone" Gale said from behind. "We end this tonight".

Sidney nodded. "No more movies. No more books. No more fucking Ghostface".

Gale nodded. "Time to finish this, once and for all".

"I'm going to call Laura and get her out of that house" Sidney confessed. "If we can get her away from the house and alone we can draw them out".

Sidney called Laura and prayed it wasn't too late.

When Laura answered the phone she was walking into the hallway near the front door. She covered her over ear so she could hear Sidney who was demanding that she get out of the house.

"Sidney, calm down" Laura said with a slur.

"Laura you need to listen. Please get out of that house right now. We think it was just one big distraction. We think the killer is there with you!"

Laura chuckled quietly while looking over her shoulder as Wade, Emily and Clancy came in after her. "What do you mean?"

"Please get out of that house!"

Laura looked at them then walked to the front door. She pulled it open and froze when she saw Richmond stumbling up the stairs covered in blood, she gasped and lowered the phone slowly from her ear and watched as he stopped and looked at them all before opening his lips to speak, instead a large handful of blood poured out and he collapsed against the deck. They began screaming loudly and Sidney heard and sped up. Laura looked up and saw Ghostface charging towards them from the darkness. They all stepped back inside quickly and went to slam the door shut. Clancy shoved the door hard but was knocked back when it was barged open.